Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking/rolling

Ayraclus

I rarely find myself using this functions.

Rolling against infected usually gets me stuck against something if I'm up against too many chargers or I end up getting hit anyway by the namek-style arm of the Ancients.

Right now, the best evasive maneuver is walking (not even sprinting) while shooting at stuff.

The fact that you can't shoot while rolling (not saying you should) and that you can't chain a roll into a powerful special melee attack make the maneuver not really attractive at all. The excecution of the movement also takes a lot of time, can't be cancelled and as far as I know, has no invulnerability frames (That would be great to have, for example, against shockwave-stomp grineer).

"Blocking" is even more pointless: you just get knocked to the floor by anything worth blocking. Deflecting bullets is nice, but way too situational since you still get damaged and also drains stamina quite fast. Just giving the block/deflect action the power to avoid getting flinged across the room by shockwaves or knocked by ancients would make it really useful.

I'm pretty sure blocking stops all forms of staggering/knockdown. Not sure about shockwaves.

Overall it's still pretty useless. There's no real incentive to migitate the damage when you can just dodge it by walking away. And it only blocks in the direction you face, so not much defense there.