Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shoulder Switching Camera + Other Suggestions

Socksy

1. It'd be cool to have your weapon switch shoulders when you press H and not just the camera, so you're not shooting from an awkward angle around corners.

2. Something else that could be nice to have is some sort of cover system; the AI uses one, so why not us? It'd make stealth a whole lot easier, too, I think.

3. Enemies activating the consoles they get near to alert the whole mission of your presence everywhere forever could be changed. As it is, if an enemy so much as gets near a console and dies, it still activates. There's no delay or anything; it's like they have "TRIGGER ALARM!" on all the time. Which is possible, but incredibly inconvenient when you have an enemy with shields chillin' at the alarm console.

4. Speaking of enemies with shields, attempting to execute an enemy with shields while sneaking resulted in laughs. Mostly because it didn't work and Shade stayed on.

5. As of right now, I see very little use in wall running, and sliding is fun but unnecessary. Not sure how to make them relevant, or if I'm just not seeing uses that are there.

That's all for now! These are just suggestions; brainstorming and all that. Some may be bad ideas or not work with the game, but so be it.

1. Definitely agree on this one. I never switch the camera since it looks so weird.

2. I think the devs are against it because it would slow the game down. May change when stealth gets fleshed out more, but I like the way it is. Forget cover, just flip around more.

3. It's annoying, but it does make sense that the whole ship gets alerted. Some way to turn it off would be nice (hack the console or something), and maybe having it take a second for the enemy to use the console to trigger it.

5. Wall running is mostly just to look cool, but there are some spots where you need to use it to get out of rooms. Sliding can work pretty well, the enemy won't hit you as much and you can flip out into a quick air melee. Sliding also gets you through laser doors if you do it right

1. Yes, I agree with this.

2. DE have addressed this, previously stating that they felt a cover system would interrupt the face-paced, constantly-moving action feel they want for warframe, I don't know if that's changed lately but that was their stand on it.

3. There are already plans to alter the alert-state mechanics for the enemy AI, though when this will come into effect we'll have to wait and see.

4. Execution damage is based on the damage of your melee weapon, it is not an insta-kill, this is to avoid game-breaking mechanics like an invisible loki one-shotting a boss. I doubt this will be changed.

5. Wall running and the like, while fun, has few genuine uses aside from traversing some of the levels, I expect more instances of this will be added as terrain is updated.

1. It'd be cool to have your weapon switch shoulders when you press H and not just the camera, so you're not shooting from an awkward angle around corners.

2. Something else that could be nice to have is some sort of cover system; the AI uses one, so why not us? It'd make stealth a whole lot easier, too, I think.

3. Enemies activating the consoles they get near to alert the whole mission of your presence everywhere forever could be changed. As it is, if an enemy so much as gets near a console and dies, it still activates. There's no delay or anything; it's like they have "TRIGGER ALARM!" on all the time. Which is possible, but incredibly inconvenient when you have an enemy with shields chillin' at the alarm console.

4. Speaking of enemies with shields, attempting to execute an enemy with shields while sneaking resulted in laughs. Mostly because it didn't work and Shade stayed on.

5. As of right now, I see very little use in wall running, and sliding is fun but unnecessary. Not sure how to make them relevant, or if I'm just not seeing uses that are there.

That's all for now! These are just suggestions; brainstorming and all that. Some may be bad ideas or not work with the game, but so be it.

1.  Agreed as well, ambidextrous space ninjas sounds plausible (at least as plausible as space ninjas go).  I only use H to switch shoulders for my camera if I pick the wrong side of a door to look around, but I end up going to the other side anyways to take my shots.

2.  We already have a soft cover system.  What I would like though is the ability to cling to walls and ceilings somehow (perhaps certain melee weapons could allow hanging from walls without stamina drain or sliding, and from ceilings with stamina drain?).  This would make for an interesting approach to stealth kills, assuming enemies don't "look up" all the time when wandering around.

3.  I begrudgingly agree with this one.  It's cheap that an enemy is well beyond arms reach of a console, dies to an arrow through the head, but being stapled to the console they trigger it.  I'd like there to be a 30 second count down alarm where you could hack the system and prevent the system alert from occurring, reduced by 5 seconds per second that the triggering entity interacts with the console.  That way if you're there and kill the person who activated the alarm immediately, you have a chance to hack the alert away.

4.  Stealth kills should bypass shielding.  Just saying.

5.  I have to agree, combat wise the walls are often too busy or short to be usable as a combat vector.  Sliding however gives you a reduced profile which does actually help when approaching a target at high speed who's hiding behind a corner.  It also combos into a strong melee attack, so I'm glad with the way sliding is right now.

Glad to see all the feedback! Didn't know that they addressed the question of cover; I kind of figured that'd be the answer, and I can see their point. The sliding thing: I love sliding, personally. It looks cool, and sliding across a battlefield to kill some dudes with a gun and then melee another one or two is awesome. Wall running would be awesome, too, but it's got no real combat effectiveness that I could see.

Awesome that everyone agrees with me about the shoulder switching! It would make stacking up with teammates a lot easier.

Also, I'm glad to hear that there are already plans in the works for the enemy's alert state; can't wait to see them.