The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Match Results - Rewards

Mystokai

I thought this thread was gonna be about how you don't get any visible reward for completing level challenges. Unless I just don't see it, I have yet to find any rewards for getting ten headshots, or hacking a terminal, or whatever any given challenge may be. My best guess was "Banous Credits", but I get the same amount of those when I don't complete the challenge. No other reward/statistic changes, either.

I thought this thread was gonna be about how you don't get any visible reward for completing level challenges. Unless I just don't see it, I have yet to find any rewards for getting ten headshots, or hacking a terminal, or whatever any given challenge may be. My best guess was "Banous Credits", but I get the same amount of those when I don't complete the challenge. No other reward/statistic changes, either.

I assumed (though I never bothered to actually note down values) that you got more xp for completing the bonus challenges (10 headshots, 30 kills, etc).

I assumed (though I never bothered to actually note down values) that you got more xp for completing the bonus challenges (10 headshots, 30 kills, etc).

That would be kinda difficult to track. You'd have to control the tests so it's the exact same, except in one game you complete the challenge, in another, you don't. The best I could do to that purpose is to go through a map, not collect anything, kill the same number of the same enemy types (same amount of headshots or any other factors that might award more xp per kill), hack the same number of consoles, and of course play alone so no one else influences the results. Each sample would also have to have a different challenge, so I can complete the 20 headshot challenge in one game, but also get 20 headshots in the control without getting the reward. To go a step further, I'd personally want to do it again with all of the other challenges to see exactly what their rewards are, so I could make a table of sorts to share with the community.

That would not only be time-consuming, and stressful to a personality like mine (the samples would have to match flawlessly, I'd go nuts if the tests weren't exactly the same, sans the challenge reward), but I don't have fun when I approach a game scientifically and count stuff. All the time I'd devote to experimenting, I wouldn't be enjoying the game, and video games are nothing but something to simply enjoy. I'd rather leave it a mystery until the devs supply an answer. That's just me.

That would be kinda difficult to track. You'd have to control the tests so it's the exact same, except in one game you complete the challenge, in another, you don't. The best I could do to that purpose is to go through a map, not collect anything, kill the same number of the same enemy types (same amount of headshots or any other factors that might award more xp per kill), hack the same number of consoles, and of course play alone so no one else influences the results. Each sample would also have to have a different challenge, so I can complete the 20 headshot challenge in one game, but also get 20 headshots in the control without getting the reward. To go a step further, I'd personally want to do it again with all of the other challenges to see exactly what their rewards are, so I could make a table of sorts to share with the community.

That would not only be time-consuming, and stressful to a personality like mine (the samples would have to match flawlessly, I'd go nuts if the tests weren't exactly the same, sans the challenge reward), but I don't have fun when I approach a game scientifically and count stuff. All the time I'd devote to experimenting, I wouldn't be enjoying the game, and video games are nothing but something to simply enjoy. I'd rather leave it a mystery until the devs supply an answer. That's just me.

Oh, I second that. Whilst I am of the type to approach a game scientifically and love theorycraft and the like, I don't have the time nor patience to do the actual testing myself. So I'm happy to wait for future information from devs (or someone with more patience than us!)