Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rethinking How Stealth Should Work

Varenvel

Stealth needs to be rebalanced as doing stealth runs not yelds you any benefits except less enemies and minimal advantages , for most time it just makes you get less materials/mods because of less kills , and takes much much more time making it much less efficient then gun blazing:/

Would be nice if they added special rewards for doing stealth runs or bonuses who would make it worth it at least doing

Funny enough i did 5 stealth runs and not doing stealthy aproach , just on these 5 games noone made it to alarm(greneer all i think)

Yes there is bow but why enemies dont react where guy next to them is impaled:|

All tries to do stealth runs failed one way or another , due small misclick or someone seeing me with corner of eye

I had idea for 4rd equitable items who could maybe make you more stealthy (chameleon device who makes you half transparent) tripwires and traps to kill enemies in stealthy way , or maybe even toxins in darts who would tranquilize enemies without killing them(doing mission without killing anyone) , robots who would scout for you ,  grappling hooks who would let you hang on wall above door(to wait for guards to pass by below you so you can move on) mist makers(smoke bombs who would cover enemy viev so you could slip by) bolt(or any misc item) to throw into corner or elsewhere to distract guard so you can slip by , maybe even hologram who would disguise you as enemy for certain amount of short time(maybe 1min? 30 seconds?) , device who would blackout whole lights on ship(for short time or just one room making enemy not able to see or they would have to use use flashlight who would shorten their field of view)

All mentioned above is inspired by actual ninja gear , they used lots of devices to actually not get seen and avoid instead going sword blazing , to actually do stealth properly dev's would need to get more from this

Maybe that special gear would be mostly only obtained from doing stealth runs?

I am aware there are warframes with powers who are a bit stealthy but none in so far got abilities who would let him do stealth without too much problem

I am stealth fan , i am hitman , thief expert , i did beat most hitman levels on highest ranks and while i know this is difrent game , but devs mentioned stealth so i think some inspiration from "real ninja's" and games like thief/hitman

I am aware of pet who makes you invisible but i find it cheap...and very unreliable (its great for solo runs/hacking/revival tho)

Edited by Varenvel

There's already a topic on this. It addressed a lot of the problems too, so you should be checking that topic before creating one and suggesting ideas.

I should also say that even though Hitman is a good stealth game, it should not be the entire basis of how our game should work. Especially when our mechanics so far dictate that you have to go in boss battles, kill them, and move out somehow undetected.

Also, Loki can pull off gun blazing while maintaining himself off the radar just with his Invisibility. It's not exactly suited to real stealth play, but it's much more forgiving if you were to mess up.

Edited by Kennard

If you are expecting Hitman or Thief this will not be a game for you, and if it will become that, then I quit, because thats not what I signed up for.

However if you were to be content with a toned down action stealth system like Metal Gear Solid 3/4 then I can see that happening.