The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Aiming Bug

SergeantBuck

I've encountered a small aiming glitch with the Paris. When trying to make shots across a large room, say something like one of the big rooms on the Grineer asteroid base where you'd need to arc the arrow considerably to hit your target, there were a few shots where I would switch what I was aiming at and the arrows would instead move to the position I was no longer aiming. Once I closed the gap between myself and the target by about half, aiming and firing was just fine.

Aiming and firing while moving also seemed to cause the same problem when trying to make long shots in large rooms.

This was a Solo run, so as I far as I could tell there was no network lag. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the culprit, though. Anyone else encounter problems like this?

That gap on the grineer base is flat out glitchy. I can't hit where I aim across that room no matter what I'm using.

I think this is the problem with having a third person shooter- your character is at an angle to where you're facing, and bullets come out of your character, not your screen center (unlike most fps games). So, how do you decide where the character actually faces, since you could be trying to hit any point on a line extending from the center of your screen? Whatever DE has done works, but seems to screw up in certain places.

Once or twice. I chalked it up to the innate accuracy issues with the bow. The Paris has a 16.4% innate accuracy making those longshots hard but worth it.

I'm not talking about a slight drift in where the arrow goes, I mean something like I aim at the left wall and fire, then I aim at the right wall and the arrow moves to the left wall anyways. Something in the gap room badly messes up where the arrow points to when the player fires.

Once or twice. I chalked it up to the innate accuracy issues with the bow. The Paris has a 16.4% innate accuracy making those longshots hard but worth it.

Would you mind telling me what exactly that accuracy means? It seems perfectly consistent (excluding glitch spots which screw with all guns) to me.

Would you mind telling me what exactly that accuracy means? It seems perfectly consistent (excluding glitch spots which screw with all guns) to me.

I'd guess it's arrow drift or something like that, the bow equivalent of bullet spread. I'd guess it relates to the rate at which the arrow drops once fired. It's negligible at mid- or short-range.

I'd guess it's arrow drift or something like that, the bow equivalent of bullet spread. I'd guess it relates to the rate at which the arrow drops once fired. It's negligible at mid- or short-range.

But what does it measure? Nobody seems to know what accuracy means, yet some people keep bringing it up as evidence for things and seem to refuse to tell me D:

For example:

Snipetron (sniper rifle): 13.3

Strun (shotgun): 4

Latron (combat rifle): 28.6

Furis (machine pistol): 15.4

Gorgon (light machine gun): 11.8

If we assume higher accuracy is better, that makes the latron (combat rifle) the best and strun (shotgun) the worst in this list of weapons. That makes sense so far, right? But then why the hell does the furis, a machine pistol, have a higher accuracy stat than the snipetron, a sniper rifle with the highest zoom? 

Edited by Argoms

I'm not talking about a slight drift in where the arrow goes, I mean something like I aim at the left wall and fire, then I aim at the right wall and the arrow moves to the left wall anyways. Something in the gap room badly messes up where the arrow points to when the player fires.

well you fired at the left wall thats your problem if you are trying to hit the right wall aim for the right wall not the left wall the paris is like the bolter they shoot actural projectiles which means the animation will not fallow your redical this happens when side strafing also and is more aparent when making those long range shots so to fix this lead the target if it's moving (keep in mind the drop of the arrow) and dont move as i thing it messes with the arrow path a little bit do to when you are  going to the right and the arrow moving forword. due to the fact the arrow is an actual object not an animation the bow will move the arrow a little bit to the right of where you aimed if you hadent moved that direction and vis versa. and plz keep in mind that the paris is a sniper in all intencive perposes so use it how its supose to be used. now go kill the enemy with your new found infomation

Edited by toolofdarkness

well you fired at the left wall thats your problem if you are trying to hit the right wall aim for the right wall not the left wall the paris is like the bolter they shoot actural projectiles which means the animation will not fallow your redical this happens when side strafing also and is more aparent when making those long range shots so to fix this lead the target if it's moving (keep in mind the drop of the arrow) and dont move as i thing it messes with the arrow path a little bit do to when you are  going to the right and the arrow moving forword. due to the fact the arrow is an actual object not an animation the bow will move the arrow a little bit to the right of where you aimed if you hadent moved that direction and vis versa. and plz keep in mind that the paris is a sniper in all intencive perposes so use it how its supose to be used. now go kill the enemy with your new found infomation

Wrong. Targeting is glitchy when in certain areas, and why the hell would you need to lead a still target?

Wrong. Targeting is glitchy when in certain areas, and why the hell would you need to lead a still target?

i fixed the error i forgot a cuple of words sorry its was edited at 11:03  and in your quote it has (if it's moving) in it and i never had a problem with any of this magical target glitch you talk about but thats because i don't move when i shoot. if you can tell me what mission this happens on and on what part of the map i will see if it is truly a problem or if you need to learn how to use the bow.it helps if you plat skyrim to better under stand what im saying.

Edited by toolofdarkness

i fixed the error i forgot a cuple of words sorry its was edited at 11:03  and in your quote it has (if it's moving) in it and i never had a problem with any of this magical target glitch you talk about but thats because i don't move when i shoot. if you can tell me what mission this happens on and on what part of the map i will see if it is truly a problem or if you need to learn how to use the bow.it helps if you plat skyrim to better under stand what im saying.

I really don't, you're vomiting walls of text without any sort of grammar. This isn't a generic mms. Moving while shooting doesn't magically deprive you of all accuracy. I can @(*()$ use a bow in real life, don't tell me to play skyrim to know what you're talking about.

This "magical target glitch" as you put it happens only in certain areas of maps. One easy place to find it is the generic grineer boss area. Try shooting across the bridge on the side of the map.

This "magical target glitch" as you put it happens only in certain areas of maps. One easy place to find it is the generic grineer boss area. Try shooting across the bridge on the side of the map.

Read before you post?

And also pls let the paris accept the fast reload mod ( to take the next arrow faster and so to shoot again faster ) 

It already does exactly that. Fast reload is a pretty small bonus though, so you may not notice it at lower levels.

No no no, my problem is that I would aim at one spot and the arrow would go to where I was aiming last. I'm completely aware that the Paris has arrow arc and that moving while firing with the Paris affects it.

Imagine this if you will: You have two targets, a box on your left and a barrel on your right, both a fair distance away from you and spread far apart from each other. You aim at the barrel and land a hit. Next, you aim at the box. Instead, the arrow doesn't go to the box despite the fact that you're aiming at it, it hits the barrel instead. That's the problem, but that sort of target-jumping only happens at very long range. 

But what does it measure? Nobody seems to know what accuracy means, yet some people keep bringing it up as evidence for things and seem to refuse to tell me D:

For example:

If we assume higher accuracy is better, that makes the latron (combat rifle) the best and strun (shotgun) the worst in this list of weapons. That makes sense so far, right? But then why the hell does the furis, a machine pistol, have a higher accuracy stat than the snipetron, a sniper rifle with the highest zoom? 

I do hate how a lot of the stats on the weapons feel like arbitrary numbers. The Snipetron has an Accuracy of 13.3 relative to...what? It's the same case with the attack rates on melee weapons.

For example:

O really think DE (or something)  needs to setup stats correctly and if this is them I'm NEVER buying a Snipetron.