Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Roller Tweaks/nerfs?

SergeantBuck

I can't be the only one who's constantly annoyed by Grineer Rollers. I'd suggest making one of a few changes to them:

Option 1: Decrease their attack rate. It's irritating to be stunned by one or two rollers and recover, only to be stunned again.

Option 2: Decrease their health. Ground slam attacks are the best way to take them out, but it's very difficult if you or your squad neglected to pack a two-handed melee weapon. Even then, it'll usually take multiple slam attacks before you land a successful hit.

Option 3: Decrease their movement speed. They're only easy to take out with a ranged weapon if someone's packing a shotgun. And because they're so quick, the aforementioned repeated-ground-slam tactic is still an imperfect solution. 

I'm not saying to employ all of these changes at once, just one of the three.

Edited by SergeantBuck

It does get annoying. And it does become a problem for the devs if players consistently run away from Rollers and not fight them. Even Stalkers aren't as "cheap".

Some tweaks are in order IMO. Or people will just continue to ignore them. Which isn't the design intent I should think.

The speed debuff would be kind of dumb. The rollers are made to bum rush you. If you can't handle fighting them because your weapon isn't made to fight fast moving objects, the roller it's doing it's job.

This is very true. As much as the Rollers irritate me, I wouldn't want them to be completely useless.

It does get annoying. And it does become a problem for the devs if players consistently run away from Rollers and not fight them. Even Stalkers aren't as "cheap".

Some tweaks are in order IMO. Or people will just continue to ignore them. Which isn't the design intent I should think.

Stalkers, you say? GET OUT OF HERE, STALKER!

Stalkers bug me too, but I expect to be kicked to the curb by an assassin that's 20 levels higher than me :P I have seen an Excalibur one-shot a Stalker with Radial Javelin, so...there's that.

Rollers are already incredibly easy to kill, and are only an actual tangible threat in solo play, which the game and its levels are currently not built around.

Rollers are really the only dangerous Grineer unit. Heavy Gunners, Commanders, etc. are utterly ignorable. Until they buff the other Grineer special units to actually pose a threat instead of act as bullet sponges, Rollers need to stay where they are.