Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assassination Missions Need Better Pacing

CaligoIllioneus

Right now every time you do an assassination mission the boss tends to appear more or less before the middle point of the mission, and this messes up the pacing... instead of a mission that builds up to the boss, which appears at the mission's climax, you get to the boss really quickly, and then you have the long road back to extraction, and you face more enemies there than back then when you were attempting to reach the boss. This causes the road to extraction to seem really bland, long (more than it is), and boring especially since the enemies don't react at all to the death of the assassination target (also I'm sure this pacing is what caused many players to abort the mission when farming for BPs).

I propose two things, but the second is optional:

*The main thing is moving the boss arena towards the end of the mission, a simple solution to this issue.

*The second thing is basically a bonus for more variety that I thought of...instead of making all assassination missions have the same pacing, make a few of them have the boss more towards the beginning -like now- but then make special alarms sound -or something to that effect- and a large amount of enemies pour in to avenge the death of the target, to generate the feeling of having to fight your way out to extraction in order to survive rather than a boring walk towards the end of the mission. This would work for Vay Hek, for example. A common security nuisance turns up to be a Tenno that assassinates this important Grineer political figure, so a huge group of Grineer marines arrive at the place. This could also work as a "second phase" of the fight that continues to extraction, and would feel like it fits in the mission, rather than generic enemy spawns.

Whatever the solution, I think solving this "simple" problem would improve the quality of these missions a lot.

P.S.: The first sentence has so many letter S....

Edited by CaligoIllioneus