Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Accounts.

stacey69

Playing Warframe as a new player for the first time on a new account is not a nice experience. The speed of movement and aiming is nice and the melee is addictive. The problem is the gameplay. Everything happens so fast. You dont get time to absorb anything before your moving onto a new location. Players dont seem to know how to talk to each other in T chat. This seems daft but in most other games communication is a big part of leveling and learning. This is missing from Warframe.

Mercury needs to be a starter area and anyone above rank 0 can never enter it. Remove the materials from mercury and no one will need to go back. As a new player joining the game you end up with rank 2-3 and up moving at very fast speeds and killing mobs uber fast before you even get a chance to do anything. Then all of a sudden you turn around and your alone. Im not complaining about rushers.

Give new players 2-3 hours playing with other new players. Show them how to talk to each other in the Tutorial. Set the Tutorial to weed out players who are obviously opening a second/third new account. Just set a time for it to be completed and if someone completes this mega fast you can skip them straight to saturn. The recent changes to map size and the amount of mobs being faced is brilliant when your 2-4 new players playing at the same speed. Throw in a rank 3 uber dude with a gorgon or boltor and speed mods etc and its like... er not fun.

Also having a gm of some kind police the starter area wouldnt be a bad thing. The support you show in the game is excellent so having a gm there to help or advise in a starter area would only enforce how serious you are about support. The new account players need protecting imo. 1,000,000 accounts but only 29,000 online max should be an indicator something isnt right.

Load a new account and play the game through and see how you feel before you vote me down or give me the usual S#&$. See how you find it and then reply please.

Thanks for reading.

Huh, a new player that doesn't state the obvious, very rare. I really like these ideas but i have one problem, when i get new weapon i like to go back to mercury. Is this going stop me from entering mercury or do i have to go to venus or saturn?

include a better tutorial, but don't restrict people from going where they want. Mayeb a single planet for new players, but even then, I have only ben playing since 7.0 and it took me all of about 2 hrs playing and 30 min on the forum to figure out the very basics of the game, and much more time to begin advanced things. This is as it should be (barring 1 better tutorial).

Hiya Stacey, Nice to see you out of game and in Forums~

yeah totally understand the new player predicament~

Normally when Im in game I usually see who I'm with~
the whole hold Z to see player lvls, personally I help and stick with new players~

trying to give them a better fun experience, showing the ropes in what you can do~

most of them have trouble running walls since tutorials don't explain about~

I agree on the barred planet for new players idea also~

we'll see what the future holds~

Huh, a new player that doesn't state the obvious, very rare. I really like these ideas but i have one problem, when i get new weapon i like to go back to mercury. Is this going stop me from entering mercury or do i have to go to venus or saturn?

when i get a new weapon i like to test it on mercury i don't want to barred from it

Any weapon you buy or craft is suitable for a player of that level of experience on Saturn. Having a starter planet for new accounts doesnt mean not having a unranked planet for players leveling new weapons. I just think the 2 need seperating. Also i just got my arse handed to me on a plate playing solo on saturn by an elite grineer. Just dont understand why or how i met a floor punching 7 foot women who knocked me on my arse and wtfpwnd me so early in the game. If i was online and not using melee it wouldnt have been a problem, but hey im a new player, right?:) 2 revives left for this 24 hour period and im only 1 hour in /gasp

Games in beta but the scaling from solo to online isnt right. Needs some tweaking but i also understand how hard it is to balance solo and online.

Two notes, one scale back the areas you play in, two, the number of lives aplies to each warframe. (Loki 4 lives, ember 4, etc.) I did not know that at first and is quite useful to know. Even at "end game" I can easily get into a run of bad luck and eat all 4 lives in a short time frame. Even with potatoed frames/weapons.

Two notes, one scale back the areas you play in, two, the number of lives aplies to each warframe. (Loki 4 lives, ember 4, etc.) I did not know that at first and is quite useful to know. Even at "end game" I can easily get into a run of bad luck and eat all 4 lives in a short time frame. Even with potatoed frames/weapons.

Im 2 hours in and no revives left. I dont think revives are a good idea for new players now the game can throw 20 mobs at you in 1 room. Maybe add revives when a player reaches a certain planet or level. I need to be a lot more careful but the grineer females are tearing me to pieces on saturn and then it went from grineer to corpus and got aoe spam stunned in a small room and i was like o dear ima dai :s and i did... :) I just dont think elite mobs or faction change is needed so early in the game. I had no idea a small flying thing could protect all the 2 legged things so they absorb 200 bullets :p

We live and learn.

I don't know where to start. I suppose I'm old school, or an elitist **** when I say that this game didn't have a harsh start at all. I enjoyed figuring stuff out more than if I was shown the ropes. Sure I made some mistakes, but overall I feel that's part of experience too.

I don't like when games hold my hand. I prefer to either find out myself or through other players. There is a sort of bond between players when you help each other out rather than the game telling me every move, every combination and purpose of everything. Regarding T to talk, that is pretty much standard. In ton of games it's always T or Y, or U or something along side there.

I remember back in the day when Counter Strike came out (over 13 years ago), no one knew anything. How to control weapon spread, boost people, grenade physics, tapping, side step shooting, any of it. We had to figure all of it out ourselves and that was a blast.

I can't even tell you how my mouth dropped when I did my first shock combo in Unreal back in 1998. I dunno, maybe I'm just out of a different time period.

Edited by mmSNAKE

I don't know where to start. I suppose I'm old school, or an elitist **** when I say that this game didn't have a harsh start at all. I enjoyed figuring stuff out more than if I was shown the ropes. Sure I made some mistakes, but overall I feel that's part of experience too.

I don't like when games hold my hand. I prefer to either find out myself or through other players. There is a sort of bond between players when you help each other out rather than the game telling me every move, every combination and purpose of everything. Regarding T to talk, that is pretty much standard. In ton of games it's always T or Y, or U or something along side there.

I remember back in the day when Counter Strike came out (over 13 years ago), no one knew anything. How to control weapon spread, boost people, grenade physics, tapping, side step shooting, any of it. We had to figure all of it out ourselves and that was a blast.

I can't even tell you how my mouth dropped when I did my first shock combo in Unreal back in 1998. I dunno, maybe I'm just out of a different time period.

Old school, not elitest. Load a new account and play loki. Dont equip redirection, serration, hornet strike, killing blow etc. I only found crit mods. See how you find it now solo and online. Its not easy at all now and the other things i mention dont help either. Im not asking for players to have their hands held, just to be left to play with each other as new players for a few hours. Also people dont know about T to talk and the amount of people who dont know this is unreal and really common in Warframe atm. You cant bond if you dont talk.

As for counterstrike. In beta we talked in game and had clanbase as a meeting point to play against each other or just join a clan and see how far we could ride the ladders. We also used voice comms a lot as the clans were quite organised. Warframe has nothing like the sort of communication counterstrike had in the early days. It will come in time for Warframe but as it stands people walk away to soon and dont come back.

I invited and told 50 friends on steam about Warframe just before the 7 realese. Only 1 of those people played for more than 1 hour and has returned since. That 1 guy has an average of 35,000 hits per video he makes on you tube and he has like 3 hours playtime and although he praises Warframe he does not play it much. 3 others are ranked 1,2 and 3 in Sniper elite zombies and only 1 bothered to make an account after looking into Warframe. He played for 1 hour and went back to Sniper elite zombies.

Play the game back under the conditions i posted above and see how you feel about Warframe. Im not saying Warframe is a bad game and i hate it or anything bad. I love it and support it as much as i can but its damn hard getting people in and keeping them here and its only when you start again you realise how ... er... eek ... S#&$ty it can be :s (sorry) Just needs a ton of small tweaks, thats all.

Dont hate me. Just my opinion.

I'd like to propose an alternative, how about an option to only join people near your level, or rank, either way. Another thing would be a mentor system? but most things are now answered on global chat.

I do agree that the starting areas seem to have way more enemies than it should, not very nice to have 20-30 enemies blasting away at you as a new player.

Also, voice chat isn't used most likely because people don't know that its already in-game, default PTT bound to the c key.

On the subject of t to chat, if it seems people don't know, type it in chat for them, or if you have a mic on hand, tell them and scare them because a good amount of people don't know about the VOIP.

I am saddened about people not giving the game more than an hour or two, it gets better the more you learn and play.

There's no reason to lock people out of going back to Mercury really. This would have to force a whole list of changes for alerts as alert missions still take place on Mercury. Doing low level missions with completely new gear is just the same as having a new account. There's no reason to lock people out of a low level area simply because they're not new. The only difference is theknowledge of it.

If you're wanting a new area just for new people there needs to be an addition, not a large sweeping change. You could make a training grounds type area until people feel comfortable that simulates a little variety of environments you find in the regular areas and enemies and all, or whatever. I don't think locking people out of Mercury is a suitable solution to anything. It's also forcing people to not play the way they really want to because some people may want an easier time than others while others want a more difficult experience. Materials only drop on 2-3 other planets, at most, so that's an overall reduction in options of where you can get the materials as well which isn't a very good solution either.

It's not just the higher levels who ruin it for the newbies.

You will find players your own level who have a mindset which leans towards competing even in co-op will most definitely be out there to ruin your experience.

I'd say 8%-90% of the players I have come across compete by rushing ahead in an attempt to get the most damage dealt, kills and loot pickup.

Old school, not elitest. Load a new account and play loki. Dont equip redirection, serration, hornet strike, killing blow etc. I only found crit mods. See how you find it now solo and online. Its not easy at all now and the other things i mention dont help either. Im not asking for players to have their hands held, just to be left to play with each other as new players for a few hours. Also people dont know about T to talk and the amount of people who dont know this is unreal and really common in Warframe atm. You cant bond if you dont talk.

As for counterstrike. In beta we talked in game and had clanbase as a meeting point to play against each other or just join a clan and see how far we could ride the ladders. We also used voice comms a lot as the clans were quite organised. Warframe has nothing like the sort of communication counterstrike had in the early days. It will come in time for Warframe but as it stands people walk away to soon and dont come back.

I invited and told 50 friends on steam about Warframe just before the 7 realese. Only 1 of those people played for more than 1 hour and has returned since. That 1 guy has an average of 35,000 hits per video he makes on you tube and he has like 3 hours playtime and although he praises Warframe he does not play it much. 3 others are ranked 1,2 and 3 in Sniper elite zombies and only 1 bothered to make an account after looking into Warframe. He played for 1 hour and went back to Sniper elite zombies.

Play the game back under the conditions i posted above and see how you feel about Warframe. Im not saying Warframe is a bad game and i hate it or anything bad. I love it and support it as much as i can but its damn hard getting people in and keeping them here and its only when you start again you realise how ... er... eek ... S#&$ty it can be :s (sorry) Just needs a ton of small tweaks, thats all.

Dont hate me. Just my opinion.

I didn't live in the states in the 90s. Only CS I was able to play was in LAN settings. It was brand spanking new for me and everyone around me. Also I had no idea CS was that well organized back in '99, or that there was a beta available. I just thought it was a mod they threw on original Half-Life. When I first saw it, it was the first time I ever heard of it. Then again it's not like we had gaming news back then.

Regarding this game, for the first week and a half I did not get Redirection or vitality to drop (when the drop rates were screwed). When I leveled my Excalibur due to a bug the base stats never updated, so I went 100/100 thinking it was normal. Then all of a sudden one patch my Shield jumps to 300. I got an absurd amount of mods I couldn't use. I kept getting critical damage mods, over and over. Soon multishot mods but I had no idea how the functioned and were expensive to upgrade so I ignored them. I did pretty much everything you asked except with Excalibur since I didn't find Loki interesting. It was debating if I should have taken Volt or Excalibur. I ended up with the latter.

I remember fighting Ruk solo with 100/100 stats, he used his reflect and I'd kill myself almost instantly. I couldn't beat the fight. Later I came back and beat it.

I honestly don't see the frustration you or your friends are experiencing. None of my friends have had any issues with this game, in regard to what you speak.

Generally I don't play many co-op games. I prefer competitive. I started with Quake and moved onto Unreal series. Been playing that for 15 years. This is honestly a game I relax in. I don't have difficulty issues, or did when I started.

Again, I suppose it all depends what people look when they are trying to get into the game. A lot of younger players are used to some things in games that were not there in the past, you take that away and they freak out. Regenerative health in shooters, easy to manage recoil and spread, death is meaningless, etc. Most people today look for instant gratification when they play games, and that's ok. It's just not everything should be this way.

Ok like the whole T to talk. Absolutely nuts that people wouldn't know this. This is mind boggling, not that they don't know its the T key, but that they don't CHECK it in the options menu. First thing I do with a game before I even start is I rebind my keys and see what commands there are. That sort of thing is just second nature. Honestly it would never occur to me that people don't know the talk key...That i would consider a serious problem with the player, not the game...Look at your keybinds for goodness sake.

I can see people not knowing about wall running and some other acrobatic moves. Like I said I like it's sort of out there, where you can try a bunch of combinations to see what you get, instead of the game spelling it out for you.

Next is playing with Randoms. I ran into few chaps early on that would kill 90% of stuff. My thoughts were:"cool, what do I need to do to get to that point". I don't know  butI don't take failure as a bad thing, or get angry some dude is outscoring me early on. I worked my way up and I can do whatever I want now.

Edited by mmSNAKE