The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Your First Artifact Takes Too Long.

Aetrion

I got a Warframe up to level 24 at this point, but I still haven't found a single Artifact to use. It's getting kind of frustrating. I've done every alert I've come across, but I don't think I've ever even encountered one that can give an artifact reward. Especially considering that these seem to be random drop and you might end up with one you don't even want this is a bit ridiculous. 

I can understand that top rank mods might take a really long time to build up to, but something so gameplay defining shouldn't be entirely out of your reach after going through a good chunk of the game already. 

I'd really like to have the Energy Siphon artifact because I like to use my powers a lot, but I'm getting to the point where I'm going: "Ok, seriously, I've played for a really long time now, and I haven't even seen a single opportunity for this yet, it's getting silly".

I know they come from alerts, but there is hardly ever even an alert when I'm playing. When there is one I have to start it solo because the game will kick me from all alerts over and over when I try to join them, so if I'm unlucky it's a corpus one where you get attacked by one of those pseudo-warframes that just beat you down hard. Half the alerts don't even have those rewards.

It's not just me either, maybe 9 out of 10 people I run into, even at my level don't have an artifact.

i use tweetdeck for chrome and i just added a column which has the timeline of that account in it, everytime a tweet goes out i recieve a pop up which showed my the latest tweet.

but to get to the core of the problem - i hope they fix the "?"-item issue soon. actually it should not be necessary to have another program running to know what reward you will get.

Edited by Sebbo

Yup. Can get you from 75 energy to an Ulti. 
But generally, if you can get it, energy efficiency (Streamline) tops Energy Siphon any day. 

Patience, I guess, is the key. I've got quite a few artifacts myself, and generally I use either Regen or Energy Siphon. Regen for infested missions, Energy Siphon for everything else. Various Amps, Scavengers, Steel Charge, Enemy Radar all go unused. 

They really do not make as much of a difference though. A bit like Helmets, but slightly better.

Rather than streamline, Flow is ridiculous in terms of energy management, just because all the energy orbs from storages etc don't go to waste but are added to your 400+ energy pool :P
But still, I'd say artifacts can be pretty changing. A Hek with rifle amp is even more overkill than before and I settled for a rejuv-artifact just because it regens 300 HP over a 10 minute mission (granted you are hurt frequently) and helps me, and the team, with toxics pretty well. It also takes quite some burden of your shoulders if you get almost downed by 12471238 grineers because it makes you less reliant on the pretty rarely dropping health orbs.

And yea, patience is the key. I desperately wanted Siphon from the start and got it after like a week of playing, getting just a rifle scavenger in the meantime. The moment you have some systems unlocked you get plenty of ?-reward alerts.

do missions , explore solar system , once you get most system explored you get more alerts , more alerts means bigger chance you get one with artifact

Patience young padawan , i was in place you are now , took me week of playing to get first one who was most useless you can get (pistol ammo scavenge) , but on next i got what i wanted , enemy radar:o(next day)

Back to the OP:

I have over 50 hours logged.  I don't have one of the artifacts either.  I've done many "? Alerts."  Not frustrated though.

Sure, it would be cool to have one (or 5!)  But to be honest, I don't even miss/realize it.  I'm enjoying the cool combat - the special warframe powers - the new weapons.  I SO don't feel like I am missing out, or my fun is hampered by this lack of artifact.

It's like a directors cut of a great movie you love.  I'm just happy to watch the film.  Should a director's cut come out - I am there.  But in lieu of that, I don't suddenly find the original theater release disappointing.

For me anyway.