The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Faction Needs Heavy Units

DinosaurTriobrow

Grineers have Heavy Gunners, Napalm, and Bombardiers. They don't even use cover because of their (relatively) massive health and shield values, and they lay suppressing fire for other Grineer units to move into better positions.

Infested have Ancients, which are powerful melee juggernauts who can't be 1-shotted by a charged Scindo or Gram or other edged weapon. With high armor and deadliness in close range, they force the players to have an adaptive strategy.

The Corpus, meanwhile, have no such units. Their Moa, Shockwave Moa, and Railgun Moa units are all too squishy, and increasing their durability would just be a disaster (so I heard you like being knockdown-locked 24/7 by an invincible shockwave moa). Their unique units, the ospreys, are good units, but they don't provide the same level of utility as Grineer heavies or Infested ancients.

What I'm saying is that everything the Corpus have is too squishy and easily killed. Crewmen are extremely easy to kill, and the Moas' lack of armor makes their shield largely irrelevant for anyone with good firepower. Give them some big 'ol tank units that can mess up a Tenno cell's day and make them go "oh jeez what just happened why are we all dead" the same way heavies and ancients do.

and make them go "oh jeez what just happened why are we all dead" the same way heavies and ancients do.

nobody says that.

Edit: But I do agree, the corpus should ahve heavies. it seems ioff balanced.

Edited by Feldgrep

I dont think it would fit.

I think the Shield ospreys should be buffed (armored? shielded?) since they provide utility for the other units.

In fact, I love the Corpus gameplay dynamic for this.

Instead of having LOOK OUT ITS A DAMAGE SPONGE!!! enemies, I prefer what the corpus does, with its gameplay: CC and group coordination buffs.

If you want tougher Corpus, thats the way to go, increase their synergies. 

That, or create smaller versions of the Hyena with special abilities like the directional shield.

I think they're heavy enough on their own considering sometimes we get out of an elevator and they've got 20 corpus, 7 moas, 4 stomper moas, and that lone railgun moa in the back all waiting for us.

that is, of course, a rough estimate. sometimes they're larger.