Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions For Random Mission Events

Leviticus_Blue

There are already several random mission events presents, with examples being Stalker attacks, objective changes, and environmental dangers. Seeing these expanded upon would definitely up the excitement, and having a wider variety of them would make your crusades through systems much more memorable. Below I have a few suggestions, and I encourage other Tenno to contribute to the list.

1. Self-Destruction: If the ship is on the course to obliteration, the mission and atmosphere should be far more frantic. Based on the objective given to the player, there will be a time limit set upon the mission, and the ship will have a variety of hazards to avoid, such as explosions, exposed wiring, or rooms filled with intense radiation (though the Tenno seem to have no problem with the radiation in open space upon extraction). There could also be collapsing structures that render some paths inaccessible or force players to do awesome slides under burning debris.

2. Invasion: During a mission, another hostile faction will board the ship. The Tenno will soon be fighting back two factions as the invaders engage the ship's original faction. This could be tons of fun for Stealth gameplay.

3. Hidden Objectives: While exploring a ship, the Tenno may happen across a vital data core or a VIP that needs capturing. Uncovering and completing these optional objectives would grant the Tenno a larger reward.

4. Ambushes: The Tenno enter a room that is completely empty and quiet, only to discover that it was all a trap. The ship goes under lockdown and the Tenno must fend off a number of powerful enemies that were lying in wait.

5. Stalker: The Stalker likely has many methods of hunting, and one of the methods could be an act of ultimate deception. The Stalker will join a party using a random username and turn on the group halfway through the mission.

What would you like to see, Tenno?

Please to be 4.

I think 2 is already sort of done, though not very dynamically.  Sometimes two enemy groups of different factions meet each other during missions and battle, though they tend to just own large areas and meet together in very few contested areas.  I do have to ask why a Grineer ship was carrying Corpus Proxy constructor pods, though; crewmen and invading MOA I can handle, sudden creation of MOAs when I just fought off a Commander and a Heavy Gunner just seems weird.