The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Some Small Talk :d

Rett

Well i just wanted to ask what does the community or the dev's think about weapons such as Bullpup rifles or Sub-machine guns and maybe adding a silencer addition of some sort to some weapons

as far as i noticed most of the maps are sections of smaller rooms which SMG's would fit greatly for that role as they are

made for close quarters combat

and about the bullpup i mean its hard to tell on the barton is a bullpup weapon or not but they just seem like an interesting concept in the matter of how they look and how specific animations for them would look nice (and yeah i know the dev's said on the stream that they are working on new reload animations i am just putting an opinion out there :D )

about the silencer i think maybe it can be done as a mod or as an extra skin for weapons like the helmet skins work currently and reduce accuracy or damage and make the weapon silent and so on

i thought of another concept of integrating old favorites weapons with a new twist to them like the AK-47 is a classic i am not saying a copy-pasta of the weapon would be a good idea but taking it as a template for a weapon fit for a tenno

would look amazing (just visualize your Rhino holding one of those "Tenno Made" AK's i think you my idea behind this already :P )

well this is only my opinions and i'd like to hear what others have to say about this and maybe this can turn into an interesting conversation

PS: a 2H Scythe is a badass idea just sayin!

The braton is not a bullpup gun. The reload animation clearly inserts a magazine forward from the grip. Also, the braton's basically this: AUTOIMAGES_HNR66067lg.jpg

I'd love an actual bullpup rifle though, I just like bullpups ^^

Nerf guns are as close as we should get to emulating real weapons. There's a whole scifi ninja theme going on, and having an ordinary modern rifle would feel out of place and kinda lazy. I mean, if you want to mash a bunch of weapons together and screw with proportions until you get something new, sure, but don't try and blatantly base things off real guns.

Well i meant it as a template not copy pasta like i said

i don't have a good example but i'll say this most cars have the same template 4 wheels and an engine :P probably not the best metaphor but i hope i get my point across that even if they got the same template they are not the same that's what i meant :D

And all long guns have a barrel, a trigger, and a stock. Many tend to have magazine wells, handles, handguards/foregrips, optics etc. 

If you don't get into how a gun operates, using a gun as a template means we already do. We could say the braton was inspired by the P90 (if it weren't blatantly inspired by a nerf weapon), the latron by the HK SL8 etc. Picturing rhino with an AK makes me like this game less, actually. It has a unique style to it, and trying to bring generic modern weapon looks into would ruin this aesthetic. 

Edited by Argoms

I'd have to say that the Grakata is kind of a bullpup / submachine gun idea - 

- It may load from the front but it's fire rate, damage and recoil emulate the sub machine gun style - that's my two cents 

If it loads from the front and sprays inaccurate fire, what kind of relation does it have with a bullpup?

well to be honest i thought the Braton is closer to the french famas but seems like it loads from the front so  its probably not :P. most smg's are pretty accurate for their range they are built to do the job for close range so they are suppose to be light and accurate as far as stopping power goes they cant compare to most rifles.

but up close a 9MM can make a pretty decent hole :P as it is thicker then most standard rifle ammunition but lacks penetration power

so in my opinion an SMG class weapon here should probably fit well in this game as far so most of the encounters here are short to mid range

so SMG's suit that role i just thought they would be a good addition to the weapon family but that's just my opinion of adding more verity :D