Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extermination Maps: Why Run For Extraction When Everything Is Dead?

securitywyrm

In an extermination mission, you kill all the enemies on the map. As such, it makes little sense and adds no value to have the players run all the way to the extraction point once the objective is complete. I would like to put forward that requiring players to run an empty map serves no beneficial purpose. I would like to propose that once an extermination mission is complete, the players get 15 seconds and then the extraction video plays and back to main menu. 

But you have to get back to where your ship is docked. I mean I guess they could have teleporters, but if they did then why extract from any mission. Also those are good maps to try and find hidden rooms in hehe.

But you have to get back to where your ship is docked. I mean I guess they could have teleporters, but if they did then why extract from any mission. Also those are good maps to try and find hidden rooms in hehe.

Yes but we also don't show the entire 'crawling through the vents' scene where you infiltrate a base. It gets skipped over because it doesn't provide value. In the same manner, it can be implied that the Tenno casually walked to the extraction point. 

As some wish to have the opportunity to loot the vessel, I would like to instead suggest a system based around movement. If a player stops moving for 10 seconds, they are treated as 'at the extraction point.' Thus if all players stop moving, the extraction will occur in 10 seconds. That means they can keep searching for loot and once they're done, just be done. 

Yes but we also don't show the entire 'crawling through the vents' scene where you infiltrate a base. It gets skipped over because it doesn't provide value. In the same manner, it can be implied that the Tenno casually walked to the extraction point. 

As some wish to have the opportunity to loot the vessel, I would like to instead suggest a system based around movement. If a player stops moving for 10 seconds, they are treated as 'at the extraction point.' Thus if all players stop moving, the extraction will occur in 10 seconds. That means they can keep searching for loot and once they're done, just be done. 

Monumental trolling would occur.

fred: Joe stop moving we want to extract....

Joe : hahahahahahahahaha.

As compared to just not moving to the extraction zone? 

Fred: come on joe , don't make us run all the way to extraction, it defeats the whole purpose of the 15 second timer. come on dude

Joe: hahahahahahaha run sucka

Fred: You are lucky you are my brother in law dude. 

Joe: thats what you get for giving me a tie last christmas , you cheap basterd.

I am kidding of course man , I see no problem with your suggestion if they wanted to put the time into it. I am not some super immersion freak or anything.

Fred: come on joe , don't make us run all the way to extraction, it defeats the whole purpose of the 15 second timer. come on dude

Joe: hahahahahahaha run sucka

Fred: You are lucky you are my brother in law dude. 

Joe: thats what you get for giving me a tie last christmas , you cheap basterd.

I am kidding of course man , I see no problem with your suggestion if they wanted to put the time into it. I am not some super immersion freak or anything.

Well to me, a game is a challenge. There is zero challenge running to extraction once everything on the map is dead. That's time I could be on a different map with a challenge.