The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Crit Chance Mod

Playbeyond

Question

6 answers to this question

It's also, in the game's current state, never worth investing in.  Ever.  I don't care what people tell you about their sweet Paris crits, they're wrong and it's mathematically not worth it ever.

Edit: Dat Downvote.  I can show the math, if you want.

Edited by Shinnyshin

Thankee kindly!  And to quote Krisp and his math comparing crit-oriented loadouts vs what you could have:

Total average damage increase with both mods, compared to default: 45%. Total drain cost of both mods: 18.

So for 18 drain you can have 45% more average damage, the equivalent of a rank 2 Serration. But only on the snipetron. The bonus decreases proportionally on any other weapon with less base crit. If a weapon has 10% base crit, the bonus will halve.

MAN, CRIT SURE IS GOOD.

Let's see what other mods you can get for around 18 drain:

1. 15 drain: 90% multishot, for a 90% average damage boost.

2. 16 drain: fast hands + magazine warp. 30% more clip size and 30% less reload speed, improving the average time you can sit and fire your weapon.

3. 20 drain: 90% freeze + 90% fire damage. Freeze reliably does half of its damage to most enemy types, double to shields and provides a snare with every hit. Fire damage deals massive damage to infested.and about 30-50% of it to most other enemies.

So yeah. Keep slotting crit. Meanwhile I'll be here, being efficient with my drain points.

His #s used the Snipetron, which has higher crit rates than most others.  The comparison only gets worse and worse for weapons with lower base crit.  If anyone wants the full thread and more context, I'd be glad to either link or explain.

Edited by Shinnyshin

Thanks once again as I will now remove it and be maxing other mods:)

Also does anyone know the base crit on the latron on can do the math for me on if i had plus 150% crit off the base crit what the final crit chance would be?

Edited by iinfected