Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Ai Director 2.0 Please?

Innocent_Flower

So there's not much issue with the way that AI spawn infront of the player rather than behind in a linear game, and the "have a break" moments are usually ok. My issues with the current director are: 

1- All enemies all the time, There's no.. combos of enemies. There's never points where all the enemies that spawn in a group are one or two types; changing the gameplay up. Instead we get a continuous and seemingly random stream of whatever that planet offers. 

Combo examples

- Shield lancers and medium troops who will use them as cover. 

- Napalms and melee units who can take advantage of the flames. 

- All runners. The infested that blow themselves up. That way you can transform the runner from useless fodder to easily visible group-kamikaze's. . 

-Scorches and scorpions. 

- Snipers and shock moa. shock to flush you out/keep you focused on the near fir the sniper

- Teams of invisible enemies. Stealth squads. 

- Varied types of helions. with different powers, so you get the fun of fighting jetpacks without the unfun or knockdown spam, 

Having groups of the same enemy really worked well in other games like Half life or Halo; You're fighting the same faction; But the gameplay mechanics are well segregated so that there's more variety and each character feels more unique.

2:The possition they start in. It's always so disorganized. Organise it for fun: There's a ton of problems and fixes I have here. 

-Have the enemy ready for the players when the alarm's on. Combat formation bravo! Put up some additional barricades or defences!

- On a defence-type mission all enemies come from all doors from start to finish. Spice it up!. Have something like "all enemies come from doors 3,4,5 and 7. Ah! Now spawn them all from 1,3,6 and 8!! Encouraging players to fight in different areas. 

Yes +1. However stealth 2.0 will need to be made so that you can still actually use stealth. Last time I checked, if you assassinate an enemy behind another enemy, then the enemy in front of the one you killed will notice. There would need to be a way to silently single out an enemy or a way to silently take them all down. Otherwise stealth is dead.

I don't think stealth 2.0 would need to be made. 

Stealth improvements? Would be good. My main problem is that, once an enemy is set to alert mode, they know where every tenno is. It'd be great to fix that, and it would improve the way players could attack ai-set formations, but it's not entirely necessary. 

So there's not much issue with the way that AI spawn infront of the player rather than behind in a linear game, and the "have a break" moments are usually ok. My issues with the current director are: 

1- All enemies all the time, There's no.. combos of enemies. There's never points where all the enemies that spawn in a group are one or two types; changing the gameplay up. Instead we get a continuous and seemingly random stream of whatever that planet offers. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/343244-dont-spawn-individual-enemies-spawn-squads/

An old thread I had about this idea.