The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This Racing Game ? Need Auto Run Key

WarHeroman

Why are most players always in such a Hurry ?

Your what a few seconds behind the pack and players are like hurry up hurry up  for crying out loud its only a few seconds

I feel like I spend all my time Running, i mean come on I play tones of other games and I don't spend anywhere near the amount of time doing nothing but Running with or chasing the pack even in a racing game I don't have my finger on the nitrous button the whole time. In fact its gotten so bad I had to get physio on my left arm hand because of repetitive strain.

My Dam Pinkie Finger is sore as hell. Any and most other games that require you to sprint at least think of this and have a auto run key.

Cant the developers at least make it so when u press the shift key once your in auto run mode until your energy runs out or you stop, if you press the caps locks its stays on or for those who don't like that option at the very leats have a option in settings to turn on/off auto run then you can decide yourself.

Considering the average player might play for 2- 4 hours with hardly any stops because your dragged into the next mission unless you op out before timer goes off, especially doing alert after alert or farming.

In my opinion this game is becoming boring and tedious because all I do is run and chase other players like it is continuously in speed run mode and I cant keep holding down W and shift for hours upon hours its the reason I stoped playing other games no other reason other than my hand just cant keep it up.

Please Developers think of the RSI you are causing.

Why are most players always in such a Hurry ?

Your what a few seconds behind the pack and players are like hurry up hurry up  for crying out loud its only a few seconds

I feel like I spend all my time Running, i mean come on I play tones of other games and I don't spend anywhere near the amount of time doing nothing but Running with or chasing the pack even in a racing game I don't have my finger on the nitrous button the whole time. In fact its gotten so bad I had to get physio on my left arm hand because of repetitive strain.

My Dam Pinkie Finger is sore as hell. Any and most other games that require you to sprint at least think of this and have a auto run key.

Cant the developers at least make it so when u press the shift key once your in auto run mode until your energy runs out or you stop, if you press the caps locks its stays on or for those who don't like that option at the very leats have a option in settings to turn on/off auto run then you can decide yourself.

Considering the average player might play for 2- 4 hours with hardly any stops because your dragged into the next mission unless you op out before timer goes off, especially doing alert after alert or farming.

In my opinion this game is becoming boring and tedious because all I do is run and chase other players like it is continuously in speed run mode and I cant keep holding down W and shift for hours upon hours its the reason I stoped playing other games no other reason other than my hand just cant keep it up.

Please Developers think of the RSI you are causing.

You can't have an auto-run key because if you look at the upper right of your monitor you'll see a green bar, known as your stamina.  That lowers as you keep running.  You have to stop running for a while to recover your stamina.

My advice is to repeat playing some of the earlier maps and let your warframe gain levels.  Be on the look out for "Rush" and "Quick Rest" mods, so you can run faster and recover quicker.

Good luck.  =)

True.. I don't like rushers.. INCOMMING SUGGESTION , TAKE HEED DE:

The player should be able to select a "plan" for each mission they start.. By plan I mean "Stealth", "Aggressive" or "Balanced (as it is now)"..

When players select "Stealth", alerting the gaurds will spawn enemies twice the normal map level but the alarm will reset after an amount of time. ALSO you should get bonus points (or make it so that the ONLY way to get points in this mode) at the end of the mission if you complete it with the alarm NOT sounding.

"Aggressive" action automatically has the enemies on alert status (endless waves) but are at 2/3 of the normal map level. There is a hidden timer that starts at 30 seconds and gives +30 secs for each new room you visit.. Players must complete the mission with time on the timer for bonus points (or make it so that the ONLY way to get points in this mode) at the end of the mission.

Balanced is the exact same way it is now..

This should give some variety AS WELL as let people know what type of team they are joining and how they want to play a certain mission or map..

/end suggestion.

My exact sentiment, kills the enjoyment of the game, And Rushers is that what they call it should be called Speed Freaks, Also I hate it when your forced to finish the game when your lost or a bit behind, hell the other day I ask in chat how the arrow worked on ! point and I was Called a moron. and told to hurry up getting sic of doing nothing but running to the finish line and playing follow the leader driving me crazy no fun no fun at all. Glad to see someone else agrees.

On a personal note I do have a disability I broke my neck 6 years ago had 29 spinal operations and can walk now and use my arms hands but it does hurt like hell but I was a computer tech and engineer before that and a die hard gamer so I cant give it up, and I been using the keyboard as a exercise to strengthen them other wise doc said if I don't use it ill loose it so I am a extreme example of Sore hand syndrome but even so a auto run key option would be nice and not everyone knows how to bind keys so not thinking just of myself cheers :)

sorry you're talking like the rushers are the bad guys

I've already had thousands of runs with 3 rushers and 1 slowpoke (not rhino, rather lokis, xcal etc)

calling rushers noob player and selfish isn't really mature.

if you've played 50h already there isn't much to do besides farming, and as for myself if I want to farm mats, A. I go solo, if I farm mods I go def and if I want to farm bps or just do the mission in a short time I simply rush, there's no reason not to rush, in endgame, but tbh people also call it rushing if you're not going up the stairs, but doing a wallrun then jump with your melee, just because some people can't catch up with the rest of the team and cry out loud mimimi rusher bad I can't do maneuvers you noob mimimi

sorry but that's simply QQing what you're doing I'm fine with cleaning up the whole map

but I'm also fine with rushing, it simpy depends which objective you're doing what ranking everyone is and what map you are (if you're on a low lvl map and you're in a grp with rank 5+ I don't see a reason to stay still and feel stronk because I can 1shot lowmobs)

You can't have an auto-run key because if you look at the upper right of your monitor you'll see a green bar, known as your stamina.  That lowers as you keep running.  You have to stop running for a while to recover your stamina.

My advice is to repeat playing some of the earlier maps and let your warframe gain levels.  Be on the look out for "Rush" and "Quick Rest" mods, so you can run faster and recover quicker.

Good luck.  =)

Like I Said press the shift key once your in auto run mode until your energy runs out or you stop

Cant the developers at least make it so when u press the shift key once your in auto run mode until your energy runs out or you stop, if you press the caps locks its stays on or for those who don't like that option at the very leats have a option in settings to turn on/off auto run then you can decide yourself

True.. I don't like rushers.. INCOMMING SUGGESTION , TAKE HEED DE:

The player should be able to select a "plan" for each mission they start.. By plan I mean "Stealth", "Aggressive" or "Balanced (as it is now)"..

When players select "Stealth", alerting the gaurds will spawn enemies twice the normal map level but the alarm will reset after an amount of time. ALSO you should get bonus points (or make it so that the ONLY way to get points in this mode) at the end of the mission if you complete it with the alarm NOT sounding.

"Aggressive" action automatically has the enemies on alert status (endless waves) but are at 2/3 of the normal map level. There is a hidden timer that starts at 30 seconds and gives +30 secs for each new room you visit.. Players must complete the mission with time on the timer for bonus points (or make it so that the ONLY way to get points in this mode) at the end of the mission.

Balanced is the exact same way it is now..

This should give some variety AS WELL as let people know what type of team they are joining and how they want to play a certain mission or map..

/end suggestion.

Now there is some good Suggestions Mate, Very nice ideas I like your lateral thinking..

Just because your lvl 50 doesn't mean others are high level players, some are still learning and collecting credits and Ingredients for bps but the maps are hard that the items and good credit are on so they need to play online not private, beside the point of online gaming is not playing alone In a team squad etc, cant they just be a little bit more patient and help the lower level instead of racing ahead and showing off, also I don't want to waist a slot using a rush card when better spent on other more important attributes Damage Defence , attack and so on.

And seeing the game is in beta its not that easy to keep up with the daily changes so u have to stop and slow down and test reflect thrash out new things all the time, like my topic says is this a Racing Game ?

Like I Said press the shift key once your in auto run mode until your energy runs out or you stop

Cant the developers at least make it so when u press the shift key once your in auto run mode until your energy runs out or you stop, if you press the caps locks its stays on or for those who don't like that option at the very leats have a option in settings to turn on/off auto run then you can decide yourself

For me, that would affect my gaming experience in a really negative way.  Almost every FPS, TPS, or any sort of PC game involving a keyboard has the shift key designated for running, as well as holding shift to keep running.

It's been that way for a good 15-20 years and it's an industry standard.  While I'm open to them adding whatever customization you'd like, I really hope DE doesn't stray from that.  I guess I have strong pinky fingers?

Edited by sushidubya

Its was the industry standard for years but has been changing to accommodate different ages and disabilities repetitive strain problems devs thinking about life long games love to see the stats in years to come from and the txting and smart phone stuff been pumping away on a keyboard for 30+ years and dam my fingers are sore and like I said option to turn off or on in settings personal choice check a lot of games now have option in settings might not be turned on by default but there is still a option. P

BTW I wasn't debating using the shift key all game use it to run only the duration for which you have to hold it down.

Edited by WarHeroman

sorry you're talking like the rushers are the bad guys

I've already had thousands of runs with 3 rushers and 1 slowpoke (not rhino, rather lokis, xcal etc)

calling rushers noob player and selfish isn't really mature.

if you've played 50h already there isn't much to do besides farming, and as for myself if I want to farm mats, A. I go solo, if I farm mods I go def and if I want to farm bps or just do the mission in a short time I simply rush, there's no reason not to rush, in endgame, but tbh people also call it rushing if you're not going up the stairs, but doing a wallrun then jump with your melee, just because some people can't catch up with the rest of the team and cry out loud mimimi rusher bad I can't do maneuvers you noob mimimi

sorry but that's simply QQing what you're doing I'm fine with cleaning up the whole map

but I'm also fine with rushing, it simpy depends which objective you're doing what ranking everyone is and what map you are (if you're on a low lvl map and you're in a grp with rank 5+ I don't see a reason to stay still and feel stronk because I can 1shot lowmobs)

This guy knows what he's talking about.