Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Can I Always Start My Own Instance In Online Mode?

Aetrion

Currently Alerts are bugged for me. Every time I click on an alert it puts me in a team, starts loading, then instantly disconnects me from the session and dumps me back to the main screen. 

It's annoying as hell to have to deal with that, but sometimes there is a workaround. Sometimes the button that says "Online" turns into a button that says "Play Now", if you hit it you start hosting your own instance of the map, and other players will join you soon enough. That's how I get into alerts more often than not.

However, sometimes that button simply doesn't come up at all. The game just keeps trying and failing to put me into someone elses instance. The only way I can get into the alert then is to start it in offline or private mode, which means however that I have to play alone, which makes the alerts very difficult to complete.

I think I should just be able to start my own instance whenever I want in online mode. 

What appears to be happening is that a ton of people are clicking to join a game at once and if you don't join the host fast enough you get "booted" for other players.

An idea would be to create a "que" style programming for levels.  If 30 people clicked on it instead of 4 people getting in and the rest geting the error, the ones that didn't get in would go into a "que spreadsheet" and be grouped appropriately.

Edited by BoogieMan82