The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toggleable Auto-Reload And Auto-Weapon Switch

ZezXion

As it is currently, when your mag/clip runs out of ammo, your character automatically reloads. In my opinion, this takes away from the atmosphere of the game. I enjoy the ability to reload my own weapon when I see fit, and not have it done for me. It would add a little more to the feeling of the game if there was an option to toggle this on or off, so players have their preference over this.

Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one slightly annoyed by the fact that when you run out of ammunition for a certain weapon, it will switch to your other weapon. I really dislike this, and I think it ruins the atmosphere as well as makes it slightly annoying when you're trying to use a weapon, run out of ammo for it, then have to switch back to it if you want to keep it out. This also causes players holding the data to drop the data if they run out of pistol ammo. I think it would be a good thing for the players to be able to toggle either of these two off or on in their options. I'd love to see this implemented in a future update.

i'd also like to see and ammo system like in Alien Swarm. There, if you prematurely reload, you loose that last of a clip (ie, no pulling bullets from a half spent clip and adding them back to the pool). This would add some realism, though some weapons (Afuris *cough* Gorgon) would need an innate ammo buff to compensate. Hey, paris/bolt weapons have innate armor ignore, why can't some weapons have innate ammo boost?

While it works in games like arma II it won't be all that great in a game like this.  In arma II each round is far more valuable you also have UI elements in place to view partial mags: you don't in Warframe.  While I would enjoy something that rewards magazine management I doubt the majority of the player base as well as the developers want this.  Games that implement this tend to be slower paced and that's not the vibe I'm getting from the developers on this game.  The route of just throwing the magazine on the floor everytime you reload is silly as well and is even less realistic then the current system and doesn't really reward. 

On the note of ammo pools buffs/nerfs this has been brought up before and is a fair point.  Weapons like the lex and latron are powerful due to this, they have high damage per bullet but share the same ammo pool as weapons like the braton aklatos meaning you will never really run out of ammo on the Latron.  Nerfs or buffs are needed here to make ammo management more fair.

While it works in games like arma II it won't be all that great in a game like this.  In arma II each round is far more valuable you also have UI elements in place to view partial mags: you don't in Warframe.  While I would enjoy something that rewards magazine management I doubt the majority of the player base as well as the developers want this.  Games that implement this tend to be slower paced and that's not the vibe I'm getting from the developers on this game.  The route of just throwing the magazine on the floor everytime you reload is silly as well and is even less realistic then the current system and doesn't really reward. 

On the note of ammo pools buffs/nerfs this has been brought up before and is a fair point.  Weapons like the lex and latron are powerful due to this, they have high damage per bullet but share the same ammo pool as weapons like the braton aklatos meaning you will never really run out of ammo on the Latron.  Nerfs or buffs are needed here to make ammo management more fair.

I'm not suggesting such a thing. I'm suggesting that we have the option to toggle auto reload and auto weapon switch, because they are very annoying. They cause you to drop data in tough situations where you'd rather keep it and run, as well as just being annoying. All players don't have to use it, it would just be nice to have for those of us to use. I really don't think this is a game for what Rakuall suggested, ammo may drop often, but it's also wasted quickly. It would be pointless to lose some ammo. I think reload cancel would be nice too, instead of rolling whenever you want to cancel.

what the frack, thought I quoted the other guy.  On topic for what you were suggesting.  I don't remember what game it was from but everytime you would reload you would get this wheel thing if you hit the reload just right you would get a faster reload, if you missed the reload mark you would get a longer reload.  Might be fun on something like the gorgon and other 5s+ reloads type weapons.

what the frack, thought I quoted the other guy.  On topic for what you were suggesting.  I don't remember what game it was from but everytime you would reload you would get this wheel thing if you hit the reload just right you would get a faster reload, if you missed the reload mark you would get a longer reload.  Might be fun on something like the gorgon and other 5s+ reloads type weapons.

Ahh yes, that was from Alien Swarm as well. It would jam your gun and make a much longer reload time if you failed it. That would be a neat little addon. Though, I wouldn't like to lose ammo for failing such a thing. Sometimes people just tap the reload key quickly, could accidentally lose a full mag from it. That'd be tedious.