The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Interface Improvement

Fartcancer

This may seem harsh, but I find the UI clunky. I'll start at game launch.

First, the game asks for your password. This makes sense for a shared machine, such as at an Internet cafe, but I own my own computer, and having to put my password in every time is a nuisance. I would far prefer an option to lock the password in place, with a warning that it is not secure to do so. That way, people who would not know, do know, and those who accept it gain a several seconds of gaming time.

Second, we've entered the main screen, our warrior in meditation; this is where things get complicated.

A small change would be to stop the orbits of the solar system while pointing at a planet. It is rarely an issue, but on occasion a planet can slip away.

A far bigger concern is how the various windows stack. If you click something to procede to another window, the previous window is still there in memory, so to get back to the primary, system view, you have to back track through a bunch of screens, or make sure to always manually backtrack before moving on; unless I missed an instant backgtrack button. Contacts seems to be the only window which doesn't stack up. When I click Arsenal, Foundry, and Market, then I have to undo each one. This isn't a web browser.

I think there needs to be a SolSystem button, and if I want to go right from the Arsenal to the Foundry, and back, then I will just hit the either of those buttons, instead of the constantly shifting backtrack buttons; which brings us to the next issue.

The backtrack buttons constantly shift locations, and are inconsistent in appearence, and confusing in proximity and similarity. In the Arsenal and Foundry, it's a lower-left 'Back' button, but in the Market it's a upper-right 'x', but that 'x' is near the game's options 'x', which means they can be confused for each other, or missed for a while, because the expectation is for a 'back' button. Where it breaks down is, it doesn't follow the 'back' button convention, and it doesn't follow its own top row window switching theme once you click an item: you have to hit an 'x' to backtrack. Instead, the system should keep the row of store sections along the top at all times, and give a visual que that the user should click the store section header to backtrack. Each section (Bundles, Warframes, etc) only have a depth of one anyway; in fact, all the windows seem to only have a max depth of one, and could just keep the header around at all times for backtracking purposes.

The 'Market' almost gets things right: the top row of options takes you right to that option, with no invisible stacking of windows after multiple clicks on different options.

The Platinum store doesn't ask if it can open in a web browser, it just says it will, and only has an 'okay' button; this is pointless and inconsiderate. What if someone doesn't want the browser opened? What's the point in the warning and extra click if you are just going to do it no matter what? Please add a 'cancel' button next to the 'okay', but not a 'x'.