Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Suggestion) Add An Option To Not Host.

Kaenbyou

Posted this earlier this afternoon but seems my thread magically disappeared. Here to support the cause. I would even go a step further and allow a community to be able to vote someone out of hosting "online" games.

Totally agree with this, some of us are not so fortunate enough to have decent upload speeds. -_-;

Not that there is anything wrong with not having high upload speeds. Just those of us who do have high speed, its like going back to 56K dial up when you can't host.

Not that there is anything wrong with not having high upload speeds. Just those of us who do have high speed, its like going back to 56K dial up when you can't host.

"when you can't host" why do I feel like you're attacking me personally >_>, I personally think its also a combination with the netcode where as I don't have much problem in other games being a host.

It's not just your bandwidth that affects hosting a game, it's also your computer itself since the actual instance is hosted on your machine.  I have a fiber optic connection, 5mb down and 25mb up (that is not a typo, http://www.speedtest.net/result/2673775638.png) but my machine is near 7 years old now and barely meets the minimum specs to play this game.  It runs fine as long as I'm not the host but when I am the host I lag all to hell and warp around, not to mention my teammates lag out even worse than me if I'm the host.

i'd also like an option to always host.

i hate joining a game of someone with a bad connection. 

I myself got a 100Mbit connection and would like to ALWAYS host.

the only way to do that at the moment is to create a party first.

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to post this as a suggestion, so it's a good thing I did a search first. I definitely support this. I don't think I have problems hosting, but responsible people should still have the option to not host without having to find a session that's already running.