The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Glaive Blueprint? Fine, No Support From Me.

Sikab

Hello there.

I'm 100% sure I'll get downvoted. But I need to give my thoughts (even if no1 cares) about this new item.

I absolutely can't stand the way Glaive got introduced.

"Purchase now with Plat, or do Alert missions"... No. That's just bullhorns!

I understand Potatoes are Alert rewards... But throwing a Weapon into the pool of total randomness is unacceptable for me.

I have the Plat to just buyout it (as I always do), but what about our F2P community? Like a spit in the face.

"You want the new stuff? Pay or pray to the RNG gods."  <--- That's not acceptable, and I won't support this idea.

I was planning to upgrade to Grand Master when my monthly payment arrived, since I agreed with the desicions made by devs... But this -_- as if this isn't the same company i supported so far.

I seriously need to think about if it's really worth my time (and money) .

I'll never support Any introduction of weapons (which are core to gameplay) that is only available day1 for those who Pay.

Can't believe this got votes up. As others have said it's not the first alert only weapon. Nor is this new weapon ESSENTIAL TO GAMEPLAY.

Can't believe this got votes up. As others have said it's not the first alert only weapon. Nor is this new weapon ESSENTIAL TO GAMEPLAY.

It got votes up for being about a unique weapon with some serious emotional resonance for some players, being in a weird availability tier that some (understandably) feel cheated by.

Keep in mind that I think it is fine where it's at.

Just put in a little effort. 

How? Write a bot that reads twitter alerts for glaive then logs into the game and plays the alert while your {sleeping|eating|working|outside} ?

Getting an item from a alert mission takes 0 effort just luck.

Edited by cknives

That only happens if you're lucky, most I've been able to tag was 3 at once. You also have to remember that it's a bladed weapon so it does double damage to infested.....

No, it happens pretty consistently, but the glaive is quite bugged right now and seems to work differently for different players and act differently depending on whether or not you're hosting.

Also, the glaive does triple damage to infested, not double. 150 damage on normal charge, 450 damage to light infested, 900 damage if it's a headshot. 150 damage on heavy infested and 300 damage if it's a headshot (not leg, leg doesn't appear to be weak to it).

I'll just say this... They will never get more than $20 from me if I can get the stuff I want by doing an alert mission or using credits in the market, especially when they ask for $7+ for one item.

Edited by Fezzul

How? Write a bot that reads twitter alerts for glaive then logs into the game and plays the alert while your {sleeping|eating|working|outside} ?

Patience = Effort..

well there's that

or you can have a twitter alarm

a little devotion goes a long way

Effort may have been the wrong term. Patience would probably fit better. So what if it's RNG, you can still get it for free. 

Also, +1 

Patience = Effort..

Edited by Fornicate

I think it's more important to be reasonable about the thing and remember that a F2P game cannot survive without loyal players. They wouldn't INTENTIONALLY mpact player loyalty, but being in beta it's more important to ride this out so they know how to avoid it in the future than it is to fix it immediately right away now and make the disgruntled players happy again.

THE POINT!

The only problem... That it is not an only Alert mission reward

Effort may have been the wrong term. Patience would probably fit better. So what if it's RNG, you can still get it for free. 

F2P gamers dont have patience. They will quit before they wait 3+ weeks for a item. Then you have a dead game.

Edited by cknives

No, it happens pretty consistently, but the glaive is quite bugged right now and seems to work differently for different players and act differently depending on whether or not you're hosting.

Also, the glaive does triple damage to infested, not double. 150 damage on normal charge, 450 damage to light infested, 900 damage if it's a headshot. 150 damage on heavy infested and 300 damage if it's a headshot (not leg, leg doesn't appear to be weak to it).

That's odd because mine was only doing 350 to regular infested (I had a charge damage mod on it) and 700 with headshots. Also my glaive seems to bounce around randomly, hitting them in the chest normally sends it straight into the ceiling and then back to me. Anywhere else sends it in a random direction.

F2P gamers dont have patience. They will quit before they wait 3+ weeks for a item. Then you have a dead game.

I know plenty of f2p gamers that don't fit your little definition there. I don't mind losing all the whiney 5 year olds, will make the community a lot more enjoyable.

Edited by Avenwing

You generalize. Don't clump ALL F2P's into a group that shares your opinion - some don't share the same sense of entitlement. The game will not die if said impatient players quit. Also, Impatient players will not quit just because they can't get a SINGLE weapon from a collection of several.

Edited by Fornicate

Dark sword cameback cause the twitter show the bug and it took 3 months, Excalibur Helmet i just see it 1 time in ?, u rly think its fair with ppl have to stay looking the alerts 24h/day for months to get what they want?

Fair as opposed to what?  Having it only be available through Alerts, and not the Market at all?

That's odd because mine was only doing 350 to regular infested (I had a charge damage mod on it) and 700 with headshots. Also my glaive seems to bounce around randomly, hitting them in the chest normally sends it straight into the ceiling and then back to me. Anywhere else sends it in a random direction.

If it works a lot like the DS glaive's ricochets, it's actually based on the angle the glaive is at and the angle of the surface, with a VERY STRANGE weighting to the ricochet angle. One of those things you have to play with in an empty room to "get".

Mine is completely unmodded and was doing 450. That's weird. o_O More bugs I don't know of maybe? Does charge damage -lower- infested damage? Will check.

Mine bounces randomly if I host and rarely hits more than one enemy, sometimes two; if I'm not hosting it penetrates and kills a lot of things unless the lag spikes a lot.

Anyway, I suppose this isn't really the topic for this. :)

Fair as opposed to what?  Having it only be available through Alerts, and not the Market at all?

That would be a fix aswell.

Either put it into the market for Plat and a BP for Credits, or remove it completely from Market, and make every1 wait for Alerts. That would be fair.

there's millions of players already or Accounts If people quit because of not being catered to a simple weapon that can be gotten for free they don't really deserve to play..

the alerts are getting good recently and im sure we're gonna be getting a Glaive alert soon.. i mean cmon Dark sword Ceramic Pangolin recently those haven't being showing before the time of the twitter alert thing

there's millions of players already or Accounts If people quit because of not being catered to a simple weapon that can be gotten for free they don't really deserve to play..

the alerts are getting good recently and im sure we're gonna be getting a Glaive alert soon.. i mean cmon Dark sword Ceramic Pangolin recently those haven't being showing before the time of the twitter alert thing

I'm sure Glaive won't appear at least for a month in the alerts. Just a prediction ofc.

That would be a fix aswell.

Either put it into the market for Plat and a BP for Credits, or remove it completely from Market, and make every1 wait for Alerts. That would be fair.

Maybe, but it wouldn't be consistent with how they've introduced other items in the past.

When an item that's meant to be rare is made available, from what I've read, DE released the weapon for platinum only for a while, and then took it off the market after a while, to leave it as just being available through alerts.  

This is the same thing they've done with the Glaive.  I'm not going to buy it for platinum, but the more impatient people have, and will - and that's fine.  I'll patiently wait for an Alert to get my hands on it.

Mine is completely unmodded and was doing 450. That's weird. o_O More bugs I don't know of maybe? Does charge damage -lower- infested damage? Will check.

Mine bounces randomly if I host and rarely hits more than one enemy, sometimes two; if I'm not hosting it penetrates and kills a lot of things unless the lag spikes a lot.

Anyway, I suppose this isn't really the topic for this. :)

That must be it then, I've only played solo today.

I think wi shud get al de wepons fre of charg bekoz dis is a fre 2 pley gam.

LOL +1