Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Using Fraps Cause Me To Be Banned Randomly?

OrtuOcelot

So I have looked at a few threads mentioning Fraps but no concrete details as to if it is safe to run Fraps and use it or not while playing Warframe...It's what I intend to use to screenshot and record, but after seeing how trivial and "rouge" this anti-hack banning system works, I'm just afraid to run Fraps -_- 

Read a few posts and obviously cannot know if the OPs were actually guilty or not of using hack tools, but various threads report different occurrences and mention development tools also contributing to being banned, so I was wondering if recording programs and such would also be a no-go...

If you're running fraps by proxy if something happened you would have evidence(after all you don't leave fraps running when you aren't recording :P), anyhow I'm fairly sure DEsteve has commented on that sort of thing so I'm 99% sure you won't end up banned.

Don't think Fraps will cause you to be banned. I can't recall any game, ever made, or any security ever made that banned some1 for using Fraps.

Think it would gain much publicity if it ever happened, since well... Fraps is a software you need to buy, and used by a pretty large group of the Youtubers.

I'm not 100% sure though