The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would It Have Been A Problem If We Knew It Would Be An Alert Bp?

Aekuos

I didn't originally plan on ever posting on the forums, let alone contribute to all of the glaive madness, but I'm legitimately wondering about this.

I don't mind DE's decisions regarding the glaive's release. I just find it a little disappointing that I had to find out by surprise that it would be an alert-only blueprint. I figure that if DE "spoils" weapons early, it would be nice to mention their plans for its release early.

Anybody else think the same way?

I wouldn't have minded, personally.

Well, I mean, I kind of would have, because the alert system is pretty bad in general, but not nearly as much.

In my mind, if the Glaive was introduced in a 12-hour alert for the Blueprints, and was fairly common in alerts for the first week or two instead of being available on the market for platinum, I wouldn't have had a problem with it at all.

I've been really, really wanting to get my hands on the Glaive ever since I found out about it, and since I'm unwilling to spend Platinum on it, I'll have to patiently wait a bit longer.  That's a price I'm willing to pay to get my hands on it, but I admit I would be happier if there was more of a chance to get my hands on the schematics and craft it myself soon.

Nah, my thoughts were exactly that. I don't mind that it's alert-only, I just wish they had been upfront about it being alert only. Unfortunately, a lot of players are quite disappointed because of the hype.

However, as was brought up in another thread, DE was not the one to create they hype- they didn't actually know if they were allowed to mention it. The community probably got a lot more excited than they anticipated, and (according to someone with this sort of experience? I don't remember how to spell their name) the decision to make it plat-only could have been a last-minute decision by an unrelated (financial?) team within DE that didn't know about the hype. Unfortunately, appearance wise, this doesn't really come off very well.

For now, though, still just going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Neutral on the issue.

Nah, my thoughts were exactly that. I don't mind that it's alert-only, I just wish they had been upfront about it being alert only. Unfortunately, a lot of players are quite disappointed because of the hype.

However, as was brought up in another thread, DE was not the one to create they hype- they didn't actually know if they were allowed to mention it. The community probably got a lot more excited than they anticipated, and (according to someone with this sort of experience? I don't remember how to spell their name) the decision to make it plat-only could have been a last-minute decision by an unrelated (financial?) team within DE that didn't know about the hype. Unfortunately, appearance wise, this doesn't really come off very well.

For now, though, still just going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Neutral on the issue.

Pretty much.  They're human, and humans have blind spots and make mistakes.  The fact that they're taking this as seriously as they appear to be is a very good sign to me, but one I've come to expect from DE.  I'll wait to see what happens as a result of this.

Agreed, the heated discussion could have been avoided if DE stated their plans ahead of time, but even they couldn't have predicted this outcome. Also, if they had a better pricing system, I'm pretty sure lots more people would be willing to spend their platinum to get the glaive and it would be pretty good for their business if they release a skin with the weapon. 

Indeed. I was thinking nearly the exact same thing. I wasn't sure on the specifics of how it was spoiled in the first place and everything, and I figured that it was entirely possible for the plat-only decision to have been made by a different part of the dev team entirely.

It's really good to see DE keeping up their responsiveness, though.

Edited by Aekuos

I've said it before in a previous forum, it's not the availability of the Glaive that upset me, it was the sudden realization that it was plat only. If they had let us know weeks ago when they were talking about it instead of springing it on us after it came out, I honestly don't think the negative reaction would have been as bad as it was today.