Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Guidance Mod?

Socinus

I was thinking about a mod possibility that would be interesting. Currently all projectiles are "dumb" when fired (they go where they're aimed). What about a mod that would impart a certain amount of self-guidance onto projectiles so if someone fires while a specific enemy is in the reticule the projectile would make small adjustments in its flight path to hit that target. Nothing radical, I'm not suggesting Zorg's Replay Button.

If it's too much for guns, perhaps restrict it only to the Paris and Glaive.

What do you think?

If anything this type of mechanic would most likely be put onto a special gun or not at all. Mag's bullet magnet skill pretty much does exactly that, but I don't see any reason to not put in a gun with smart bullets like that.

But as a mod I really don't see it happening.

Bullet Attractor will RADICALLY redirect bullets, even around corners and 90 degree angles. That's getting close to the Recall Button. 

I'm thinking of something that will compensate for maybe five or ten feet of movement. Say you're firing an arrow at a target, it's in your reticule when you loose it but then he moves over a few feet. Without the mod, the arrow would miss. With the mod, the arrow pulls slightly off to the side to hit the target. A Glaive would adjust course slightly to hit a target it would otherwise fly past.