Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Ancient Healer

Cold-Cannon

So,

My friend and I were doing a defense mission and 7+ Ancient Healers spawned in a wave- So many that they all healed any damage that we could do to them at all. Needless to say, we were forced to abandon the mission after one of us ran out of ammo and the other died when he got stuck in a corner with three healers pounding him into a wall.

Can healers be modified so they at least have reduced healing effects and range (Seeing how they healed one stray healer from across the entire gigantic room)? The current method of healing becomes absolutely overwhelming if there are more than three Ancient Healers, let alone 7+.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running into this same issue in a lot of levels, and they become impossible to defeat regardless how much damage my group can put on one. I'm not sure what the range on their heal is but it seems to be 50+ meters at least which is unreasonable.

My suggestion for fixing this would be to have Ancient Healers be unable to receive healing themselves.  So they can still heal other mobs around them but not constantly regen their own life.  This will require a little rebalancing of the healer to preserve its intended role so I would suggest increasing its HP by 200-300% so it still takes a little focus to kill but they do not become invincible when a group of more than 2 shows up.

Another thing I would like to see in all the ancients is a damage increase to body shots.  Looking at the wiki it shows 100% damage to calf/forearm, 75% to head, and 25% to body.  Looking at this thing it is not wearing a full armor suit like the Grineer, it should take 60-75% damage over its whole body with a weak point taking 100%.  None of the other infested have this kind of armor reduction so why does this thing?

Another solution would be to make it so healing doesn't stack. Or at least it stacks negative exponentially, i.e. one healer heals at a healing rate of 1 (assuming 1 is the current healing rate), two is 1.5, three is 1.75, four is 1.875, five is 1.9375, etc.

This way, they never get too strong, but their numbers still confer an advantage.

@Ormuzd: I think it's the flesh that grows over everything, acting as a natural armor. These guys are supposed to be bullet sponges. It's not so bad once you get used to shooting the foot, AP mods help too, and then it gets even easier when you pick up a bolt weapon which simply ignores the armor entirely.

I think this is more of an individual player problem. The games focus is largely on team/group tactics. I understand what you're saying though; the swarm of ancients does suck, but more players can help prevent the Ancients Orgy scenario.

Also, shoot their feet. It does an unbelievable amount more damage; it also seems to stun them more in their progression and charge towards you. It can get messy when a few too many get in the way of one another, but lower on the leg the more damage you and your buddy will do.

Are you both using the same Warframe?

Edited by OrokinNoob