Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Asteroid Md With Infested: Awful, Just Awful.

Innocent_Flower

So an invasion for one of those awful salad nav co-ordinates (may I remind DE that the overwhelming majority of the community thinks they're awful and borderline abusive to players and should undoubtedly be cut from the game. Just let us perma-unlock Alad after the quest has been complete) 

Anyhow. By submitting myself to this awful part of the game I found myself playing the grineer asteroid MD three times in a row. It really highlighted the flaws you've got. 

For every single time I played this: All three points are on a single tile. 

Defend A for three minutes. 

Defend B for three minutes. 

Actualy: It's not B. It's A2. It's the exact same thing but flipped. 

Now defend the additional objective: the cryopod, which we throw in EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

Ignore the fact that I'm a hardy person that can stomach this three times in a row; Even doing it once is an unpleasant experience. 

- Run through enemies for a couple minutes

- Defend point for three minutes. At no point does defending feel like it's changing. It doesn't get harder or easier. It doesn't change the variety of enemies as you defend. 

- Defend point for three minutes. At no point does defending feel like it's changing. It doesn't get harder or easier. It doesn't change the variety of enemies as you defend. 

Then you've got the middle item. Sigh

Now that's also to do with the map design (and enemy design)

- Infested are continuously bottlenecked. Not only does this make them trivial, with the new particle effects you shooting blindly (because of how dense the particles are) and still manage to win (because of how dense the infested are) 
- You can only attack the consoles from one side. Not terrible with grineer as they have a variety of ranges: but Infested need to get in close. It becomes very easy to kill them as they all line up for one place. 
- There's absolutely no benefit to playing two identical sides. You might as well make the first one longer. 
- More of a mission problem than a map problem: But MD's should be shorter if they're part of an invasion. That cryopod is just additional nonsense. 

- Infested have difficulty moving around several obstacles in the central room with the cryopod. 

Beyond improving that single MD tile: having a different MD tile would work wonders.

Edited by Innocent_Flower

get a team with Saryn + nova + exal + trinity.

saryn to excal spam ult's as trin supplies energy, we finished all three runs easily and got enough EXP to rank a weapon up to max

the map is fine really its the only MD i actually enjoy you just need a good team and to stop the infested from bunching up