Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Paris Worth A Catalyst?

Missile

Honestly, no.  Paris isn't worth a catalyst because there's no way it can keep up with the killing power of most of the alternatives.  What's important is that you should do it anyway if it's a weapon you already enjoy using.  Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Paris is a lot of fun. If you are used to Boltor, adjusting the projectiles travel time shouldn't be a problem.

but, if yo are not used to the slower projectile spped, i would say play without it, and see if it fits your style.

Paris is a strong weapon with good accuracy.

And yet its useless against bosses or in high rank defense. It has high damage and yes it is silent. Usefull in any other mission besides these two.

It's wonderful against bosses since it has a 100% stagger. But for defenses yeah you're better off with latron, or snipetron for long range.

That's beside the point. I find it very worth super charging.

No unless you are fine with spending money for luxury items. Also considering it's not good against bosses or for high level defenses and that's pretty much end-game is something you should keep in mind.

Edited by DishSoap

It's wonderful against bosses since it has a 100% stagger. But for defenses yeah you're better off with latron, or snipetron for long range.

It may have 100% stagger but its dps is too low to even drop most bosses shields. thereby rengering it useless.

It may have 100% stagger but its dps is too low to even drop most bosses shields. thereby rengering it useless.

That's true. point taken.

But, in a 4 player co-op mission, If my 3 teammates takes down the bosses shield, I can 3 shot with my Paris a boss.

It's teamwork, they get rid off the shield, I butcher the boss :)

Edited by Sikab

True, but the point of you staggering it every hit would be so your other team makes can do the DPS.

That's assuming you're soloing. If playing with a group it's stagger and rather high damage per shot are both great to put in as your allies drop the shield.

That's why you carry a twin viper to take out the shields in like seconds and then punish with paris too ^^ is a nice Duo for me 

Xoxile, on 27 Apr 2013 - 3:42 PM, said:

So this one time, I was tourtured to be in a mission with three (3) paris users, ugh. . .

So get this, at the time, I was using a low rank, potatoed Gorgon. They ran out of ammo, leaving the boss at about 75% health. They died a lot after that, leaving me to pretty much play doctor while relying on my Lato Vandal to take the leg while then switching to my Gorgon for it's high fire rate to deal good DPS. I pretty much had to solo the boss while hand holding the three (3) through.

Edit: for those who don't know, DPS stands for Damage Per Second.

As for other bosses, who cares about stagger when you melt the bosses health away with a good Boltor or a Braton Vandal with an Ice Mod to slow the enemy? Teamwork is a far better weapon than the Paris is currently.

Edited by Kasatome

So this one time, I was tourtured to be in a mission with three (3) paris users, ugh. . .

So get this, at the time, I was using a low rank, potatoed Gorgon. They ran out of ammo, leaving the boss at about 75% health. They died a lot after that, leaving me to pretty much play doctor while relying on my Lato Vandal to take the leg while then switching to my Gorgon for it's high fire rate to deal good DPS. I pretty much had to solo the boss while hand holding the three (3) through.

As for other bosses, who cares about stagger when you melt the bosses health away with a good Boltor or a Braton Vandal with an Ice Mod to slow the enemy? Teamwork is a far better weapon than the Paris is currently.

bad player != bad weapon.

___

Regarding the rest of this thread, I have discovered that some people are upset that other people want to play with a Paris (what else could possibly justify the downvotes on posts that are clearly stated with someone's opinion on a weapon with no trolling/bad info?), even though I've solo'd pretty much every level with one on a Loki and Frost and Saryn.

Paris is fine. Learn to kill multiple units with one arrow sometimes and it's both fun and productive. Sure, it's weaker in defense missions because of the number of things and the time crunch, but I have never had any problems with bosses except Hyena. I have killed everyone else with the Paris. I haven't really tried Hyena, though, so it might work. I just don't know.

Edited by Nubsawce

bad player != bad weapon.

___

Regarding the rest of this thread, I have discovered that some people are upset that other people want to play with a Paris (what else could possibly justify the downvotes on posts that are clearly stated with someone's opinion on a weapon with no trolling/bad info?), even though I've solo'd pretty much every level with one on a Loki and Frost and Saryn.

Paris is fine. Learn to kill multiple units with one arrow sometimes and it's both fun and productive. Sure, it's weaker in defense missions because of the number of things and the time crunch, but I have never had any problems with bosses except Hyena. I have killed everyone else with the Paris. I haven't really tried Hyena, though, so it might work. I just don't know.

if you can kill kril without running out of ammo with a paris you should be able to do hyena without any problem.