Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank Up Struggle

(PSN)faustzar

Question

14 answers to this question

Do you mean ranking up individual weapons from "unranked" to rank 30? Do you mean increasing your mastery rank, which is done by leveling weapons and warframes to rank 30?

Increasing your weapon rank (and thus mastery rank) is easier if you play with a team; any kills that your teammates get will give exp to your gear (split evenly between each piece). If you build a weapon that you don't like using or are just trying to get it a few ranks up in order to equip Serration or whatever, then having a team really helps.

Otherwise, you're going to basically have to use each weapon that you come across, which can work out fine but you probably will come across weapons that you don't like using, which will make it pretty painful to level.

Being melee vs. a shooter won't really make too much of a difference; it basically just means you have a different weapon on your back while you passively level the other weapons.

Edited by Otenko

Yep read the wiki every night just after I got the failed message and then went to bed and cried myself to sleep. no tips or hints, I tried just standing in the centre and potshotting, tried running in circles, tried runing a star shape, then I tried a snowflake shape, then I made a donkey shape and every time I either run out of time or get my donkey shape handed back to me.

Do you mean ranking up individual weapons from "unranked" to rank 30? Do you mean increasing your mastery rank, which is done by leveling weapons and warframes to rank 30?

Mastery rank

Edited by (PS4)faustzar

Yep read the wiki every night just after I got the failed message and then went to bed and cried myself to sleep. no tips or hints, I tried just standing in the centre and potshotting, tried running in circles, tried runing a star shape, then I tried a snowflake shape, then I made a donkey shape and every time I either run out of time or get my donkey shape handed back to me.

Mastery rank

ohhh, you have trouble with the actual test;  I recommend getting a better primary weapon for starts;  the Braton (not the Braton MK-1) can be bought for credits in the primaries section of the market if your current primary isn't cutting it.

Ah, in that case, since the first rank test has you fighting against Corpus, using an impact weapon against them will make them easier to take them out. Since you like melee, you can buy the MK1-Bo from the market for about 15k credits I believe. If you can get used to using slide attacks for damage and closing the distance, then it'll help you dispatch enemies all the quicker. As well, blocking while running/sliding towards an enemy is also a good way to close the distance, but be warned that successfully blocking drains your stamina.

If you feel like you need a weapon to balance out your melee, the MK1-Kunai available in the market for 15k credits is good (assuming you didn't pick it in the tutorial). Even though Kunai's puncture damage isn't as strong against Corpus shields (only a 15% penalty), the sheer damage, fire rate, reload, and 2 V polarities of them pretty much offset the weaknesses it has.

EDIT: Like Xeo said above, the Braton is also better suited for fighting Corpus than the MK1-Braton.

Edited by Otenko

Ah, in that case, since the first rank test has you fighting against Corpus, using an impact weapon against them will make them easier to take them out. Since you like melee, you can buy the MK1-Bo from the market for about 15k credits I believe. If you can get used to using slide attacks for damage and closing the distance, then it'll help you dispatch enemies all the quicker. As well, blocking while running/sliding towards an enemy is also a good way to close the distance, but be warned that successfully blocking drains your stamina.

If you feel like you need a weapon to balance out your melee, the MK1-Kunai available in the market for 15k credits is good (assuming you didn't pick it in the tutorial). Even though Kunai's puncture damage isn't as strong against Corpus shields, the sheer damage, fire rate, and reload of them pretty much offset the other comparable weapons.

Can you use a Melee weapon as primary ?, the test calls for suing your primary weapon to kill 10, 15 and 20 enemies with your primary

Can you use a Melee weapon as primary ?, the test calls for suing your primary weapon to kill 10, 15 and 20 enemies with your primary

Nope, you have to use your primary rifle/bow/whatever.  the second rank test is your pistol (I recommend getting a Lex or Sicarus first).  The third is a melee weapon test.

Whoops, sorry. I forgot there were stipulations on the rank test. The Braton is probably the easiest thing to use for the first rank test, the MK1-Furis or MK1-Kunai are going to be good for the 2nd rank test, and you could use Fang (if you decided to build it) for rank 3 test.

Thanks, that was sort of what I was after, yep been using Braton MK-1, also tried the Paris-MK1, will level the Braton before I try again.

It should be enough for the test if you have leveled it to about 10 or so & installed the "serration" mod along with maybe one other thing, perhaps the mod for impact damage, or something else that adds damage.   Cold if you have it, that drops early sometimes and is good on shields.  Also, if you have not done so, upgrade your mods as best you can. 

I think you can use your frame's powers to kill in these without penalty.  (?).   But you won't have much energy, use it intelligently. 

Did the first rank up with the MK1-Paris. 

:(

It was nerve wracking.

I did the first rank-up with the MK-1 Braton.  Burned a revive.  Started with Mag.  Will never forget *shakes fist*

Advice for the Mastery Rank tests:

1: Strun (shotgun, can be purchased for credits): Strun puts the Corpus to bed in 1-2 shots and has a decent rate of fire

2: Lex (Slow-firing, high powered pistol, can be purchased for credits): You're facing Grineer for the MR2 test, and Lex has high puncture damage.  I one-shotted every enemy they threw at me.

3: Any: I had the Glaive equipped and breezed through it, but "Melee All Enemies" is really freaking easy regardless :) 

Good luck, Tenno!

Edited by (PS4)IkariWarrior83