Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There Any Point Of Getting Platinum?

wqnmlb

You missed my point, or maybe I did not make it clear. My point is, according to this game's constructure, it is inappropriate to make buff or nerf on something tied to real money so close. Balance or not. Or it is inappropriate to introduce currency system so quickly in BETA.

In other MMORPG, if I purchased a item from another player and then it gots nerfed or buffed, the buyer and the seller are both affected and that is totally normal. Like I stated above ,the risk is mutual.  In this case, it is like the seller can determine the value of goods.

You can consider this as a typical monopoly case. It is never about they should improve the game, which is always desireable. It is about route they are handling it.

1. Beta stage requires testing in various aspects of the game which includes economy. Both credit and platinum fall into this category.

2. Balancing an item tied with platinum is inappropriate? Balancing something tied with credit isn't?

- No, all items are subjected to balance change. Buying it with platinum doesn't mean the dev has no right to touch it. Balance is about gaming experience as a whole. Paid customers don't pay to get exempted from this process.

Right, it's a monopoly. We have no choice but to buy from the cashshop and we probably going to be subjected to it as long as we continue playing Warframe. It's not MMORPG with open world and free economy, directed by demand and supply of the player. I don't think it will change.

Actually, we might be able to pool resource and share something among clanmates in UD8 but I think the extent of said feature will be limited.

1. Beta stage requires testing in various aspects of the game which includes economy. Both credit and platinum fall into this category.

2. Balancing an item tied with platinum is inappropriate? Balancing something tied with credit isn't?

- No, all items are subjected to balance change. Buying it with platinum doesn't mean the dev has no right to touch it. Balance is about gaming experience as a whole. Paid customers don't pay to get exempted from this process.

Right, it's a monopoly. We have no choice but to buy from the cashshop and we probably going to be subjected to it as long as we continue playing Warframe. It's not MMORPG with open world and free economy, directed by demand and supply of the player. I don't think it will change.

Actually, we might be able to pool resource and share something among clanmates in UD8 but I think the extent of said feature will be limited.

I still do not think that the current system so necessary for BETA, I mean, lots of games introduce cash only that after the game is really on-line.

I totally agree that they have the right to change the items, cash purchased or not, but according to the few games I played (maybe  not as many as you did), such kind of changes are very disturbing and rare. And none of these have such closed transactions like this game do. Virtual product has its value like any other product, it is true that DE can change the value as they like because I am sure that there is term about this on the "I have read this agreement and agree to all of the provisions contained above" thing before we install the game. But they cannot ignore the consequence that cause loss upon the players.

I do hope that change you metioned is true, although I do not think they are ready for that.

• 2 weeks later...

That title is a grammatical nightmare.

Is there any point IN getting platinum?

or

Is there any point TO getting platinum?

Moving on, however;

Why are you complaining that they're balancing the game?

If you spent your credits buying something that was obviously overpowered, you have to deal with the obvious fact that it will eventually be nerfed.

That's like spending platinum to speed up a blueprint, then complaining the next day that "Why did I have to spend platinum to speed it up! It would be done by now if I didn't! what a ripoff"

Not to be rude, but you got what you paid for.