The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whip

Amistyrja

I dreamt that my Saryn had a very nice, heavy whip that was staggering Grineer and Infested alike.

Just wondering, what if we had some sort of weapon that looks like a chain and used like a whip. It would deal low damage but have good range on charged attacks, and have a 100% stagger rate(due to pain? weighted ends?). Don't downvote me to hell please I'm not really serious about this, maybe I'm just thinking out aloud.

Or maybe I just miss my Gypsy in Ragnarok Online...

*Two Grineer soldiers are watching in the distance as a lone Tenno whips a downed Commander howling in pain*

Grineer A: *Stares on, wincing* "What kind of a sadist uses a whip?"

Grineer B: *shrugs shoulders* "It might be a fetish?"

Edited by VanillaRegal

"It might be a fetish?"

My thoughts exactly when I read this.

I'm not sure if I'm against the idea of a whip or not. Maybe something that seems like a whip would fit in well with the theme.

--

LK's ftw.

(post your favourite jobs! :D)

[offtopic]I main a Soul Linker myself but enjoy playing extended classes XD[/offtopic]

I was thinking that maybe this whip thingy would look like a large Rubedo chain. It'll look nice with element damage mods, imagine fire and electricity dancing among the links of the chain ^^

*Two Grineer soldiers are watching in the distance as a lone Tenno whips a downed Commander howling in pain*

Grineer A: *Stares on, wincing* "What kind of a sadist uses a whip?"

Grineer B: *shrugs shoulders* "It might be a fetish?"

Give it to Saryn for bonus points

Whips make me think of Jean Reno's character in Onimusha 3. If you add whips I demand we're able to hold enemies and then either throw them or take easy headshots at them. I see charged attack for grab, charged attack again for throw. If they arent thrown fast enough, they yank you towards them with your own weapon and elbow you in the teeth.

Multi-target normal attacks, single-target charged.

If you're gonna lasso an enemy, how are you going to shoot him with your primary? Maybe yank him closer and shoot him with a Bronco/Lex since you'll need one hand for the chain?

This is what I was thinking. Even twin vipers/akwhatevers could work here -- mainhand pistol pointing down along the whip, popopopopopop throw.

Whip is great Idea in my oppinion, You could turn the charge attack into scorpion "get over here" manuver. And if we are talking about blade whip, then probly the arial attack (that normally is a hulk smash) could be single target power attack.

And basic attack spammiest  thing ever.

[offtopic]I main a Soul Linker myself but enjoy playing extended classes XD[/offtopic]

I was thinking that maybe this whip thingy would look like a large Rubedo chain. It'll look nice with element damage mods, imagine fire and electricity dancing among the links of the chain ^^

An electricution, flame, ice, and whip fetish all in one xD

An electricution, flame, ice, and whip fetish all in one xD

Oh that's nasty DX

A chain sounds kinda appropriate for its appearance, but wouldn't that make it difficult to use as a whip then? Or would the 'We're Space Ninja Wizards we can turn anything into a deadly weapon' excuse work in this case?

I made a comment on another thread about a whip. My thought was to have the block key whip and entangle the enemy, as I can't see a whip blocking. Would give a different twist to game play. Press and hold the block to entangle which would drain stamina.