Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Infestation Revamp

Jyrri

Your mission is to retrieve an artifact from the infested Grineer ship. You drop down from a vent into a near pitch black room. The only lighting is from faint emergency lights, storage lockers, and your trusty shoulder light. Eerie red particle clusters float around the room, and its near dead silent aside from a light rumbling from the fans. You begin forward and silently head down the corridor. You begin to hear a faint pitter-patter nearby, then all of a sudden, you hear a loud slam behind you. You turn around to see two chargers barreling toward you.

I'm not a good writer, but I felt like that got my point across. I was thinking, what if the infestation maps were more tense and a bit more frightening, nothing too much as not everyone enjoys scary stuff, but a little bit more to make the infestation maps more fun than they already are. The potential for the infestation on Warframe is there, I just think it should be brought out. I'm imagining it as a Dead Space style infestation, where they jump out of vents, attack you as you open doors, and are best killed by shooting off their limbs. 

Anyone have an opinions on this? I'm curious to hear about them.

I really like the idea of more intense and terrifying maps. The atmosphere is already really great for the infestation, if it could be pushed a bit creepier then it would be fantastic! I like the idea of having the players start split apart so it becomes a fair bit more difficult. I also think that they should make it to where not every form of infected has a friggin stun (though that has little to do with creepiness, just annoyance)

I really like the idea of more intense and terrifying maps. The atmosphere is already really great for the infestation, if it could be pushed a bit creepier then it would be fantastic! I like the idea of having the players start split apart so it becomes a fair bit more difficult. I also think that they should make it to where not every form of infected has a friggin stun (though that has little to do with creepiness, just annoyance)

I agree, the stun with every enemy feels like it breaks the fluidity of the game, maybe a bleed or speed reduction. Starting split apart would be really fun, though it doesn't seem right, because if I went into a mission as a "Space Ninja" I'd expect for my team and I to go in all together, but stuff /does/ happen, and not everything always goes to plan, so this on a chance of say 1/4 would be really fun, in my opinion. The infestation atmosphere in Warframe is really good though, the developers did a great job, just needs to be a bit darker and a bit more ominous, in my opinion. 

Edit: Spacing

Edited by Jyrri

I like the idea to instill more fear in these infested maps. 

But being too dark is also a problem. Visual problems. Unless we have stronger torchlights :D

I didn't even think about that, come to think of it, we're extremely high-tech space ninjas, lets give ourselves some bright compact shoulder lights.

I didn't even think about that, come to think of it, we're extremely high-tech space ninjas, lets give ourselves some bright compact shoulder lights.

Or maybe just make our faces emit bright light? It'd be kinda cool and match the organic look a bit more.

Stuff that drops from the ceiling and explodes covering you in green goo that slows you down. All the crazy wavy stuff on the floor, some of it could be a trap. eaten away the floor so you fall into a pit with a bunch of toxic crawlers and you have to wallrun or superjump to get out.

I like the idea to instill more fear in these infested maps. 

But being too dark is also a problem. Visual problems. Unless we have stronger torchlights :D

we need a more powerfull flashlight, but we can live without those red lights. that would make it more tense