The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion]Yes Another Shotgun Thread

NinjaMH

IF DE decides to keep the fall-off damage for shotguns (which I doubt because it's a BETA and they are always trying their best to balance things)

THEN puncture should be increased to allow shotguns to blast mobs behind the target since currently one must be rather close to be effective

Currently the puncture mod goes to .35 meters which only goes through the shield of Grineer Shield Lancers and thin guard rails. I know puncture used to be absurd

My view is if I shotgun my target and their body flys infront of you, you should be able to shoot through that said body to hit the mob behind it.

Don't bring realistic comments here because IT'S A GAME

Why only think about current mods? We could also see the introduction of shotgun specific mods (they use their own modlist already anyway) that are used to modify spread (increase/decrease) or increase fall-off range, or just change the weay the weapons work in general, like slug munition allowing for no-damage drop-off in return for reduction of damage, etc, etc.

Why only think about current mods? We could also see the introduction of shotgun specific mods (they use their own modlist already anyway) that are used to modify spread (increase/decrease) or increase fall-off range, or just change the weay the weapons work in general, like slug munition allowing for no-damage drop-off in return for reduction of damage, etc, etc.

If DE are going to put such mod their cost will be like multishot, 10+ so no more slots for damage mods, we would be forced to say good by lvl 50+ ancients

The reason I mentioned a current mod is because the mods you suggest are basically to counter the nerf. I see where you are going but the fact that there was a nerf what is the point for DE to counter their own nerf with mods instead of adjusting the values without mods.

Don't bring realistic comments here because IT'S A GAME

While obviously realism doesn't translate well to the game, you shouldn't disregard the idea completely. The way the HEK now works is not only unrealistic, but even worse, it completely breaks all immersion. You actually see all pellets hit the target, sometimes square in the face if we're talking about a living target, but none of those pellets actually do any significant damage. Realism might not translate to a game very well, but we're talking about the complete opposite here. It is so unrealistic that it just becomes dumb.

Edited by DryRoastedLemon

The reason I mentioned a current mod is because the mods you suggest are basically to counter the nerf. I see where you are going but the fact that there was a nerf what is the point for DE to counter their own nerf with mods instead of adjusting the values without mods.

Because if they do it via mods, they would keep the 'powerlevel' of the shotguns lower, as it would take away from the energy pool otherwise used to increase the pure damage output of the weapons. It's a softer kind of 'buff' than just increasing or removing the falloff.