Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Options Toggles (Easymode To Hardcore)

SevenHand

Background:  I installed Warframe a few days ago after a friend highly recommended I check it out.  I am definitely not disappointed.  This game is alot of fun!

I first played Warframe without reading anything about it or seeing any videos of it.  I think this allowed me to experience the game initially as the developers have been able to put life into their vision of Warframe.  I knew nothing about crafting, what materials are for or what to use them on.  I also didnt know to what extent I could interact with the maps, I found by accident I could run on walls yesterday.  All I had was the short tutorial the game started with.  This let me have a level of immersion in the game that fit well with the idea that the Tenno have lost their memory.

Issue:  Now that I've read the forum posts a bit and posted about a bug myself here, I see that the suggestions for game play ideas/buffs/nerfs/balancing/etc number in the hundreds at least.  Some of these ideas seem like great ones and some not so much.  Everyone has a differing idea of what Warframe should be.  For example, there was an idea for the minimap to not become smaller and blurred when you aim.  This particular mechanic bothered this person enough to take the time to post about it.  I on the other hand like this behavior as it simulates the Tenno focusing down the sights. 

There are a lot of ideas on the forum that would make the game more fun for me and a lot that would make Warframe less fun.

Idea:  Perhaps we can choose which options we use on a server.  These would have to be listed before joining the game so you know what youre getting.  Maybe a slider with 4 positions: 1 The game as the DEs intended, 2 Easymode, 3 Normal, 4 Hardcore.  I really want the chance to see the game as it was envisioned, which would be #1.

Better still for options 2-4 would be toggles for the host so the flavor of the game is exactly what the players (or a solo player) want.

Edited by SevenHand

We don't necessarily need a mode selection

They could probably remedy the difficulty by making the higher level planets have better AI, along with what they have now

Perhaps they can even introduce newer enemies in the higher level planets which also keeps the game fresh in a sense

Edited by Guest

Make Pluto alerts have a location not just appear as alerts. A new planet level 55+.A new panet level 70+. An option to start at wave xx in defense. 

Slide bars or 1 to 10 dont work. Diablo 3 epic failed at this. 

Offer 1 to 10. People will only want to play level 10 and complain they cant play at high level without 1000 hours played or having uber gear.

Giving humans an option isnt always the best thing when it comes to challenges and competing with other humans or AI. Just add mobs into the game at different levels so they can be selected once opened from completion of previous level mobs. This has always worked and always will work. Its in our nature.

@KingX  I had no idea that you could select the difficulty.  Thanks for the tip.

Background: The point of the post was to possibly get a way to select gameplay options, hence the title.  Some players want a stealth game.  Others are more interested in the grind and loot drops.  One player wants X another wants Z.  Private groups want Y.  There seems to be alot of information about how to get the mats for insert chassis the fastest.  And loot drop percentages.  Everyone wants somthing different than everyone else.

Issue:  Out of all the posted ideas to improve Warframe only a portion would fit the experience I (and you) would like.

Idea:  I think we ALL could be served best with toggles for game mechanics.  You can tailor the experience, to a degree, to what you want out of the game.

Note:  It seems to me in many cases that the original idea of a game gets lost throughout the open Beta process.  So much feedback, good and bad, so many people yelling for this or that.  Games easily gravitate toward the median.  Look at LOL/DoTA/Clones.  I dont want a clone.  I dont want to grind for mats.  I dont care about loot drop tables.  Warframe has that certain somthing that is a bit unique and I would hate to lose that to ideas like.."Use this mechanic for insert Warframe mechanic because that's the way COD does it."  Because of this I would also like a setting for Warframe that plays just as the Devs envisioned.  I think they are on to something and I want to know what it is. :)

Edited by SevenHand