The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding Game Modes

stacey69

Rush: One to the end gets a carrot or something nice.

Seeker: One who loots most before the end wins £5 worth of bingo vouchers.

Killer: One who kills most gets title of OP under their name.

But seriously. Some people like to rush and some to loot everything and others just wanna kill everything in sight. If people had the options to choose their game play type and style, it would end the current issues people have playing online in groups, right? 

rushers can play with each other and see whos fastest.

Looters can play with each other and see whos best at finding things.

Killers can play with each other and see who can kill the most.

What do you think?

I think these game modes go against the 'PvE' focus of WarFrame. 

What's wrong with looting and killing anyway? Especially when exp and loot are shared amongst the team?

I think game modes do need more variety however and some of them just need to be reworked or thrown out. The Grineer drilling machine sabotage missions are bad. Who wants to sit there hitting a static, non-threatening object for 5 minutes until it explodes? Who then wants to do that 4 times on one level? 

Replace the drilling machines with killer robots.

Edited by S4GG3RS

I think these game modes go against the 'PvE' focus of WarFrame. 

What's wrong with looting and killing anyway? Especially when exp and loot are shared amongst the team?

I think game modes do need more variety however and some of them just need to be reworked or thrown out. The Grineer drilling machine sabotage missions are bad. Who wants to sit their hitting a static, non-threatening object for 5 minutes until it explodes? Who then wants to do that 4 times on one level? 

Replace the drilling machines with killer robots.

the drill machines are fine. it doesnt take 5 minutes. Even if you are exaggerating, it takes me an average of 10 seconds per machine.

the drill machines are fine. it doesnt take 5 minutes. Even if you are exaggerating, it takes me an average of 10 seconds per machine.

Yes, I am exaggerating, I just find it to be an incredibly dull objective. At least the reactors spin and make it seem a little less mundane, you might even have to aim to hit the last few rods.

As it stands now the objective is basically to run to several different points on a level, which is done better in the data mass collection missions which involve both hacking and the requirement of carrying a case. 'Run to points A B C and D and spam your melee against this static prop' is just not an interesting objective.

Edited by S4GG3RS

Yes, I am exaggerating, I just find it to be an incredibly dull objective. At least the reactors spin and make it seem a little less mundane, you might even have to aim to hit the last few rods.

As it stands now the objective is basically to run to several different points on a level, which is done better in the data mass collection missions which involve both hacking and the requirement of carrying a case. 'Run to points A B C and D and spam your melee against this static prop' is just not an interesting objective.

I prefer it when the machine is in a room full of baddies IMO. so yeah I see your point.

Edit: 100th post! I know none of you care so that's why I put it :)

Edited by Feldgrep