Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick And Dirty Feedback (Q&d)

TMadness

First want to say that I am really enjoying the game. Here are a list of simple Pro's & Con's with some suggestions.

Pro's

- Story line - I wouldn't say it's entirely brand new, but it captivates me

- Third Person. It's a long lost love affair that you've reintroduced me too

- Powers + Guns & Swords +9000

- Warframes look awesome

- I actually enjoy the crafting and leveling system

- Main menu UI is unique and awesome

- Graphics in general are good, weapons look cool, powers look cool, atks look cool...a lot of things look cool :)

Con's

- Story Line - Grow it. At times it seems as if the story is still in development. While I don't want/ expect the entire thing to  be written I do expect just a bit more about the Tenno. Other than that keep it coming

- Why don't I get to throw grenades at enemies?

- I'd like to see crafting taken to another level in that we can upgrade mods through crafting. Or even "train" skills in order to use new powers or weapons.

- There are still some workflow issues I see with the menus I'm working on putting together some suggested changes but I'm still documenting the current workflows...Its hard when I can't stop playing! (I know its beta :p)

- Mini-map and everything associated need an overhaul. Way point indicators (created by system not user) are deceiving at times. Should have an actual map, is possible even though each dungeon is random. A few games past and present who use the same technique.

- Only 4 Powers?! I put this one in knowing that you guys are looking to add more just to make sure you know people want more :)

- More Weapons of course

- I want to see the health of my pet, and why is it not regenerating when it dies (it has regen)

Overall I enjoy the game a lot, I keep getting nervous about hitting lvl cap. I'm not sure what I will find there is it more content or a dead end?! Hopefully the former is what I find if not then I may get sad. Good Job Guys!

Good to know new people are still getting excited about the game :D

Think I could help you a bit here:

- People talked about Grenades a lot. In the last Live Stream DE_Steve said that they didn't introduce Grenades yet because they would be so Over Powered. And also that they will save Grenades to be a warframe ability :D

- The pet not regenerating is a bug that happens sometimes. They are working to fix it :D

- The 4 power thingy isn't really bad xD If they will add more powers it will take development time that could've gone into making a completely new warframe which would be much more beneficial to the players :D

- The endgame needs some work tbh. When you have farmed all the frames, got all the weapons, all the artifacts from the alert, potatoed everything and maxed its rank you basically got nothing else to do. But DEs mentioned that Update 8 will be fixing that :D there will be a new Clan Dojo system that each clan will be able to customize. Possibly new Dojo Missions and new items to craft for the Dojo (I'm hoping for clan-wide artifacts, wouldn't that be cool? xD). There will also be a completely new Faction to fight very soon (Think its called Orokin something)

Anyways, the menus and maps and stuff are still being worked on (as you said, beta) and there are even more bugs that needs to be addressed. But as I see it the DE team are doing their best and that's all we can ask for :D

Regen restores the sentinel's health when it reaches a certain low point, and not actually revive it once it goes boom. Seeing its HP would probably give us a definite point.

And what do you figure is the level cap? Max rank on equipments?

Regen restores the sentinel's health when it reaches a certain low point, and not actually revive it once it goes boom. Seeing its HP would probably give us a definite point.

And what do you figure is the level cap? Max rank on equipments?

From what I understand 30.

Does anyone know if knock back and stuns have been something brought up to the devs. From what I am seeing it put the player in a horrible situation when surrounded. You can be down for at least 5 seconds all the while getting stomped on by a mob of baddies.

@MrFireShot - Eek! I really don't care for the lair idea, I think the game has so much potential that adding player bases would be a waste...unless they plan on pvp sometime soon. I'm still catching up on the forums seeing what has been discussed, there is a really good community here and a really good presence from the devs so I expect to find tons!

From what I understand 30.

Does anyone know if knock back and stuns have been something brought up to the devs. From what I am seeing it put the player in a horrible situation when surrounded. You can be down for at least 5 seconds all the while getting stomped on by a mob of baddies.

@MrFireShot - Eek! I really don't care for the lair idea, I think the game has so much potential that adding player bases would be a waste...unless they plan on pvp sometime soon. I'm still catching up on the forums seeing what has been discussed, there is a really good community here and a really good presence from the devs so I expect to find tons!

Getting to rank 30 on a piece of equipment simply means that it won't give you any more mastery XP, and that it's mod energy is maxed. Installing an Orokin Reactor/Catalys doubles mod energy gained, therefore doubling it at max rank. Once you reach max rank, you could choose to either keep it at the cost of a slot, or just sell it off and try out/level a different weapon.

And IMHO the Clan Dojo is just that: something for clanmembers to work on and make bigger/better/shinier than other clans, as Warframe does not have a directly competitive system.

Getting to rank 30 on a piece of equipment simply means that it won't give you any more mastery XP, and that it's mod energy is maxed. Installing an Orokin Reactor/Catalys doubles mod energy gained, therefore doubling it at max rank. Once you reach max rank, you could choose to either keep it at the cost of a slot, or just sell it off and try out/level a different weapon.

And IMHO the Clan Dojo is just that: something for clanmembers to work on and make bigger/better/shinier than other clans, as Warframe does not have a directly competitive system.

I've logged close to 40 hrs of game play in the past 2 weeks. So my concern is that when I achieve mastery level what then? Not really concerned about "leveling" just what is there to do after mastery.

Don't get me wrong it sounds cool, but I think it is too early for something like that. To your point there isn't anything competitive about the game right now and the dojo just seems like a watered down approach. With that said it could be implemented extremely well for instance each dojo allows tennos to create ships that allow them to travel outside of the current solar system...maybe even galaxy!