The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More "Wrenches" like the keypass.

ClockworkLegacy

I feel like a lot of people have been complaining about monotony in the game and feel like this could be lessened by throwing more wrenches at you, like the keypass/hostages. Maybe on some levels the extraction pods are messed up and you have to hold of the hoard of infested while the AI lady(forget her name) fixes up the pods for you.

I feel like a lot of people have been complaining about monotony in the game and feel like this could be lessened by throwing more wrenches at you, like the keypass/hostages. Maybe on some levels the extraction pods are messed up and you have to hold of the hoard of infested while the AI lady(forget her name) fixes up the pods for you.

Awesome idea.

Yeah, I had that keypass thing happen to me once and it absolutely wowed me... which is on itself is strange, because something as ancient as finding a key for a door shouldnt surprise me.

But it was different! And I liked that

Same with a Spy mission, when suddenly I found myself facing Corpus, while it started out with the Grineer.

I'd love to see a mission suddenly go awry, because of an infected outbreak. Suddenly you're forced to abandon your objective and just get the hell out.

I think the strangest "wrench" that I have had was the infestation defense mission in Pluto where every wave spawned corpus and infestation. I think I killed 4-5 people on my own everything else was infighting of the factions. (and it topped me off to 502 rubistuff to make the last piece of my new frame). All told I would like to see more of these as well and I think it is a great idea with many suggestions that could come from members.

Making stealthy approaches to missions more viable as a whole would open up a plethora of scenarios where the mission dynamically changes like that. Some of those "wrenches" could also change depending on whether or not you're stealthy or not. Maybe a keypass isn't required since the door doesn't get locked down in an emergency, or maybe there would be a wing of the station JAM PACKED with enemies like a training hall, shooting range, gym, barracks, or some kind of rec area because they weren't called into action. Perhaps a VIP makes a run to a panic room after alert goes off and you need to disable the reactor to open the doors he's behind. Could also help give players a sense of fighting actual living things that perform actions other than patrol or derp around.

I like those ideas PocketSand. I always thought it was weird that despite multiple alerts and lockdowns and hull breaches, everything just sat around like normal waiting for you to come bash it/steal it. Intruders on board? Hell NO don't expose the reactor to some random guy who pushes a button!

i would like more info on why we are being changed from GRAB THE X (hostage, data, prisoner) to KILL THEM ALL RAWR!

did they kill the prisoner? did thay save/kill the hostage? did they poor soda all over one of the control panels stopping you from getting data?

i also dont understand how the excape pods work. you get damaged by breaking a window to space but the excape pod pulls you into space and flys away.

(its only when the end results bug and break[possably from a host disconnect] do you see two little doors close around you)

why not add a extraction point where you hijack a fighter and blast through the hanger doors.

or take a cargo pod and break through the exit.

or take a mining ship out from the mining deck.

I cannot bypass this door. Please run back half of the map to pick it up. Thanks. Thats the most hated sentence in this game.

She always sounds so surprised too. "Hey, you know the only thing I'm good for? I can't do it. And even though I can apparently scan the entire ship for keys, I couldn't tell you would need to get through this door, or that you would need a key that you ran by earlier, so I didn't say anything." If this lady was working for me I'd have fired her and gotten someone competent ages ago.

She always sounds so surprised too. "Hey, you know the only thing I'm good for? I can't do it. And even though I can apparently scan the entire ship for keys, I couldn't tell you would need to get through this door, or that you would need a key that you ran by earlier, so I didn't say anything." If this lady was working for me I'd have fired her and gotten someone competent ages ago.

i would just get a monkey...

While having to get a keypass to open a locked door isnt that big of a deal, but having to backtrack an entire level to get a key is just unfun and tedious.

Agreed. A better substitute would be a trap where the door is locked and you have to defend yourself from an onslaught of enemies while she DOES successfully hack it, and perhaps a player has to perform a manual hacking minigame once every 30 seconds or so to get her past some kind of hacking barrier like a firewall or a closed port or whatever excuse you want to give.

Hell, even just going through a NEW SECTION of the level or just taking a longer detour would be more interesting than backtracking.

Edited by PocketSand

I wouldn't mind random events that drop in bosses or infested out of the blue.

Imagine this:

-The whole ship begins shaking violetnly as LOTUS tells you shes checking whats up. Right then, a large explosion can be heard and she tells you infested are flooding the area. A HUUUUUGE amount of them spawn in and start heading towards your position. A timer for 3 minutes pops up and she tells you to escape asap.

or

-You're on a spy mission, and after the first data gets recovered, LOTUS begins tellign you to get out while she is interrupted by a random boss jacking your comm line and telling you to politely die. Cue a really tough bossfight in one of the cramped tiles WITH spawning mooks!

could be totally fun.