Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Difficulty Issues

Xriborg

I sure would like to know what the "Difficulty" number refers to because it happens that lvl 3 can randomly be harder than lvl 5.

It would be SO nice to know ahead of time what an Alert mission is going to consist of instead of reading the cute fake blah blah in the description. There again an accurate statement of the difficulty level would greatly help.

Just an idea...why not give mods to the AI, just like we have. That way it would break the monotony of killing Grineers just with the blink of an eye.

Not of foes would have the same characteristics, I suppose it might be a nightmare to program though.

Finally, too easy, to hard, neither! 

Too hard if one doesn't use the mods properly. Learning the mechanics of game and playing A LOT is the key of this fairly easy game.

HARDCORE MODE FOR MISSIONS

Each mission (excluding the Mercury ones and excluding all exterminate-type missions) can be completed in a HARDCORE mode, which is:

1) all enemies are set to lvl55.

2) enemy hit points and shields remain the same, but their damage is TRIPLED.

3) if a boss is present, its hit points and damage is increased TEN TIMES.

4) if you alert enemies, they will spawn THREE TIMES AS FAST and pour at you from each and every door (encouraging stealth approach)

5) NO REVIVES by teammates. If your hp reaches 0, press revive button or forfeit.

6) There is ALWAYS a secondary objective, which is NOT extermination.

7) lockdowns have to be bypassed 2 times.

7) if you LOSE a hardcore mode mission, you cannot go to another one for 3 hours. (1 hour? 6 hours?)

8) if you WIN, you receive a random alert mission reward (that one if for developers to deside, if it is too good)

Good idea for players that feel the game is too easy IF it's an optional setting. Some of the points seem a bit annoying (7a and 7b), but I would support the general idea.

The only problem I see is with rewards. A lot of people will complain if the reward for these suicidal missions are special equipment, so I would suggest something that doesn't matter too much, like a star rating (number of stars = missions in hc mode) or some kind title ingame.