Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Dismemberment And Death

DAwGi

I've played a ton of games, and one common thing I've seen is that you can shoot someone in the foot and he dies.  It would be an awesome change if someone with his leg blown off would keep fighting for awhile, until he bleeds out gets finished off.  Or if he played dead and then slashed at you when you walk by.

I've seen attempts at implementing something like this.  I believe it was Deus Ex where you could lose your legs, the downside being that you'd have to crawl somewhere to get healed.  Call of Duty had Last Stand, forcing you to make sure that they were dead.  Unreal Tournament had a feign death button. World of Warcraft even had a feign death move for hunters.

It would be cool that if you got shot in the leg, you'd have to limp for a ways, until some kind of healing tech kicked in to prop you back up, or if you got shot in the arm, you'd end up losing accuracy, or the ability to use a two-hander, or only use one of your dual weapons.  It would force you to use your other weapons to compensate.

Maybe if you got knocked violently to the ground, you'd have that whistling in your ears, and your vision might be blurred.  

I don't agree. While it's creative, it's impractical.

You would get too much disable from too much little, since once you get shot on your arms, you'll be a walking corpse, and once you get shot in the legs, you'll be nothing at all.
you would be unable to jump into a grineer squad and tear them all apart, because if you get knocked down by a heavy unit, you'll stand out of cover in the middle of a bullet storm without your senses.

Too much realism can ruin the gameplay.

Edited by Entregador

I don't agree. While it's creative, it's impractical.

You would get too much disable from too much little, since once you get shot on your arms, you'll be a walking corpse, and once you get shot in the legs, you'll be nothing at all.

you would be unable to jump into a grineer squad and tear them all apart, because if you get knocked down by a heavy unit, you'll stand out of cover in the middle of a bullet storm without your senses.

Too much realism can ruin the gameplay.

It would suck if getting shot once caused this, but they're pretty well armored (+ shields), so I was thinking it would take a fair amount of damage to cause a disability.

having the enemies doing so would be awesome O.O

i mean the part where they lose a leg and still shooting us, like, SPARTAAAAAA !!!! oh wait, GRAKATATATATATATATATAAAAA !!!!!!

seriously, so far dismembering the infested are the most interesting thing (in the dismembering side) among all faction, as a burst at their head blows 'em head and they are still running to explode on us ! or like, shoot 'em legs and they'd turn to a crawler !

grineer on the other side, i enjoy lot's of their dismemberment, both the old and the new additions, some example is the light armored grineer having their left arm blown away by my gun and he's dead ... it would be awesome if they will just get back up, taking a shot or rush me to slice me with his saw blade, or just kamikaze-ing me with a greenade !

having the enemies doing so would be awesome O.O

i mean the part where they lose a leg and still shooting us, like, SPARTAAAAAA !!!! oh wait, GRAKATATATATATATATATAAAAA !!!!!!

seriously, so far dismembering the infested are the most interesting thing (in the dismembering side) among all faction, as a burst at their head blows 'em head and they are still running to explode on us ! or like, shoot 'em legs and they'd turn to a crawler !

grineer on the other side, i enjoy lot's of their dismemberment, both the old and the new additions, some example is the light armored grineer having their left arm blown away by my gun and he's dead ... it would be awesome if they will just get back up, taking a shot or rush me to slice me with his saw blade, or just kamikaze-ing me with a greenade !

It would be epic!  Killing something as it is gets really repetitive.  They die, they respawn, they die, they respawn.  If they went out with style, maybe dropping a grenade that could blow you up if you rushed forward too quickly, it could keep me on my toes and more engaged.  The only thing to watch out for right now is a cloud of green goo, which surprisingly half of everyone just runs through anyways.