The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron Is Considered Underpowered, Here Is A Vid Showing Snipetron Viability Up To Wave 20 Casta.

Xenoithlol

vs. Grineer yes.. vs. infested no. Corpus should work.

Imho it's not the Snipetrons fault that it sucks.. it's more the fact that a slow firing high damage single target weapon with a low magazine capacity is just not good in a game where you are mostly rushed by multiple enemys fast and level design is 80% small and narrow.

That's why it works on Grineer defense... big open map with enemys that look for the nearest cover after spawn and stay there until you headshotted every one of them.

while I agree most of the current game map design is not very friendly to sniper weapons, they can still be fairly effective (with the exception of against infested). And who knows, maybe we'll see more sniper relevant maps and whatnot in the future.

Also a tip, you can cancel the reload at 75% done and your weapon will be fully loaded, for pure ranged combat a guard cancel is most effective from my experience, as you recover almost instantly from it. Mostly relevant on slow reload weapons such as the snipetron

Quick question, why is it I can never shoot though my snow globe and you can? Still watching the video to be honest, I just I have to ask before I forget.

You can only shoot outside of it while in it, you can't shoot into it or through someone elses globe.

You can only shoot outside of it while in it, you can't shoot into it or through someone elses globe.

Maybe its because I never am the host when playing on my frost that it gives me the impression my shoots are not going though from the inside of my globe then. Thank you, and very nice job with the video.

edit: you might want to speed up that video. It was pretty long to watch but it did serve its purpose/

Edited by gamefreak9149

Maybe its because I never am the host when playing on my frost that it gives me the impression my shoots are not going though from the inside of my globe then. Thank you, and very nice job with the video.

edit: you might want to speed up that video. It was pretty long to watch but it did serve its purpose/

Eh people can skip through it

Edited by Xenoithlol

This doesn't prove anything. Most weapons can carry you to wave 20 depending on the enemy and map. And then there are weapons and skills that can carry you way past 20 to beyond the stars. For the snipetron to be viable it'd have to have 100% accuracy and large, open tilesets would need to be added with enemies that could indeed pose a threat in long range. There's just no reason to use the snipetron except to get tenno points.

This is one of the few maps that plays to its strengths, the reason that it's considered underpowered is that there are so few places that do.

It works decently on Corpus/Grineer maps in general. It's very weak vs. Infected, but there are plenty of weapons to deal with those.

It works decently on Corpus/Grineer maps in general. It's very weak vs. Infected, but there are plenty of weapons to deal with those.

Decently, but other weapons completely outdo it. Only in a large area like this does it actually measure up to other guns.

vs. Grineer yes.. vs. infested no. Corpus should work.

Imho it's not the Snipetrons fault that it sucks.. it's more the fact that a slow firing high damage single target weapon with a low magazine capacity is just not good in a game where you are mostly rushed by multiple enemys fast and level design is 80% small and narrow.

That's why it works on Grineer defense... big open map with enemys that look for the nearest cover after spawn and stay there until you headshotted every one of them.

Winner.

/thread