The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grakata Again

ROSING

Question

I don't know if I'm beating a dead horse, but I still want to like this gun, but it's giving me a hard time.

I'm at around level 10 on it right now, got a maxed serration mod on it and upgrading it has been INCREDIBLY slow going. I'm still running out of ammunition on saturn, and even on mercury I feel like it takes way too long to kill your standard lancer.

Does anybody have the new stats on the Grakata, because the wiki only has the old stats and I feel like it hasn't gotten better at all.

9 answers to this question

I've been levelllng my Grakata and it's a blast. I normally don't take but small bursts to kill marines on Mercury. (Mine is level six.)

Make sure you are aiming for their heads, pulling down to compensate for recoil, and fire in 3-6 round bursts at any range over ten feet. Also, if you don't shout "RATATATATATATAT" while you do these things, it doesn't work properly.

Mod for crit chance and crit damage. You'll be golden. This gun is awesome.

I feel if enemies had a sense of self preservation, IE Morale, this gun would do wonders as a suppression weapon. But, since the enemies in warframe are fearless, it has limited use right now. Maybe one day, we'll see.

After a lot of testing, its pretty much just a standard braton type rifle

The only difference is that you can kill anything super weak with just one bullet, which is a low percentage of the clip, whereas a braton would use a larger percentage of its clip. So you get a smoother feeling to mass murder.

Slightly less DPS than braton vandal. Less dps than braton. (But its like, 99%, so barely any drop)

Oh yea, and because its a crit weapon you have a distribution of cases which can be very favorable, or unfavorable. So you can drop a minigunner in the blink of an eye, or two blinks (on average), or three blinks if your luck sucks.

The comparison to gorgon is undeserved, honestly, they are very different weapons, for sure it is similar to braton types.

Edit:

It has been compared to gorgon in other threads.

Edited by aliasAnonymous

if you don't shout "RATATATATATATAT" while you do these things, it doesn't work properly.

that was comedy gold

anyways, my opinion on the weapon...

It's not boss, but it is fun to see streams of yellow

I've maxed out and potatoed it.  It's best application is not endgame content (ah-duh!), but more along the line of doing speed runs.  With my mods I can kill any low level enemy with a quick burst, or any low level boss (except Jackal) in 1 1/2 mags.  It's been really fun to level in this manner aswell!  Is it worth buying?  Strap on Split chamber, Serration, Ammo Drum, and Speed Trigger + w/e else you can fit and find out!

I don't know if I'm beating a dead horse, but I still want to like this gun, but it's giving me a hard time.

I'm at around level 10 on it right now, got a maxed serration mod on it and upgrading it has been INCREDIBLY slow going. I'm still running out of ammunition on saturn, and even on mercury I feel like it takes way too long to kill your standard lancer.

Does anybody have the new stats on the Grakata, because the wiki only has the old stats and I feel like it hasn't gotten better at all.

First of all, you're going to need an armour pierce mod if you hope to deal any amount of decent damage to Grineers and some Infestation.

Corpus also have light armour with the exception of Corpus Crewman which have 100% armour on their head.

Secondly, it is in my humble opinion that the Grakata simply fails to perform and is rather worthless. Its effective range due to recoil and spread is very short and you just end up wasting a lot of bullets to make a single hit connect at distance. You'd need it at maximum level (and probably potato it too) to be able to stack mods on it to make it even half effective and even then it's still lagging behind even a Burston's performance (lets face it, crits mean nothing when your base damage is so low).

It is basically the new Gorgon, now that the old Gorgon is plain obsolete, except that it's still rather ineffective at all compared to other rifles.

My suggestion is to finish it to 30, throw it in the bin and never look back.