Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Sparring In The Dojo

Report_For_Feeding

First of all, let me say that I am 100% against there being a dedicated PvP gamemode until the PvE is fully fleshed out and the game is released. However, with the implementation of clan "Dojos" in version 8's release, some kind of friendly sparring should be possible while inside.

I see it as being as simple as two players being able to challenge each other via chat commands.

ie: /duel [user]

To which the intended duel target must accept with something simple such as /duel accept.

The victor gets a dojo-wide message saying "[user X] has triumphed over [user Y] in test of skills" or something of the like. The loser, upon reaching 0 hp, simply has it restored (As far as I understand, the dojos are just a place for space ninjas to chill, so there would be no other enemies.)

Overall, a fairly simple concept which I feel wouldn't be too hard to implement, and definitely wouldn't go against the lore that has been established in any way.

how about they just make another area.. like jungle 

You missed the point though, the devs have already mentioned in their latest stream that they're toying with the idea of a adding the equivalent of an area for clan/guild members to gather, as seen in other MMOs. I feel this would be an interesting thing to have.

stil lterrible...  those "duels" would last 1 second (except you spam Godmodeskills)....  did you never killed yourself in 0.4 seconds from the emberboss-bubble ?!  Won't happen, deal with it

How about fixed amount of level/shield/health (with slight difference between warframes) and separate set of skills. Since it's a dojo maybe implement useage of practice weapon such as the one used in Kendo and limit the use of weapons to "practice" ones. Not sure about ranged, but melee could easily work.

Good example would be from one of the MMOs, guild wars 2 it isn't 100% balanced but was very close.

I understand new ideas are hard to embrace but giving it a chance won't hurt.