Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Lag

Nolla

I have a decent system and also a very good internet connection. However, there are times when I join a game that the lag is something stupid like 5 seconds to respond is just ridiculous.

The developers should devise a system where we either run a benchmark and or see the response from your connection to the central server. Could this be either done on the fly as we are playing, thus making it easier for everyone to get a decent game and not be waiting 5 seconds for a door to open. Then put people PC and connection into banding so that some people can run as a host and other can only play, coz either their connection isnt up to scratch. I know that also depends on the location of the people online. But, does everyone log onto the same server and the match making takes care of the connections. Or is it that when you select your region and ports it only displays the people attached to that region? Someone need to check this and let us know.

My PC runs i7 920 @ 3.8, 12 gb ram and connecton is 120mb down and 10 mb up, which gives me around 12mb down and 1 mb up more than enough to run the game as a host.

Any other Ideas?

-Nolla