Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My 2C

IamGrim

Hi all,

I have tried to get my friends into this game but I've failed.  Here are the reasons:

a) the addictive part is the mods - you have to churn for mods.  Why not start the experience with baby mods to wet the appetite and teach the player.

b) its a run fest - all the best experiences I've ever had with MMO's are about slow progress thought the instances where team play is required - this is an instance game - why is this game so easy.  More variety with levels required and increased difficulty. Shouldn't I fear the next enemy rather than run past it?  Multiply the difficult by 3. Currently, I'd rather run alone for the loot - I get annoyed when someone else joins as it means I have to run faster.

c) the inventory section is broken - I've clocked up many hours and never used it once - even with your daily gifts (and keep the gifts - just make them useful - love the gift idea).  By design the game play is intense and holds your concentration.  I will never EVER click a different section of the screen to up my ammo.  You need to change the buffs.  Most MMO's opt for a team +5 to damage buff - this would work better for sure.  It would be ***necessary*** to get harder bosses (when you MAKE them) and it will make individuals feel needed by the team.

d) I love my head shots - why don't I know when I've landed a head shot - slightly different sound shouldn't be to hard?

e) No weapon is better than any other - they are all equally balanced.  So I have now got my perfect setup (I spent money and I built).  Why should I keep playing? The game play does not change?????  I like this game - but what am I striving for - it has no goal?

And yet I play it every night - it's the first game I have experienced that has a wonderful blend of twitchy and MMO.

It's not there yet - but please keep improving.  I want my friends to play it also.  They give up after 1-2 hours.

Kind regards,

Owen

IamGrim, on 30 Apr 2013 - 06:37 AM, said:

Hi all,

I have tried to get my friends into this game but I've failed. Here are the reasons:

a) the addictive part is the mods - you have to churn for mods. Why not start the experience with baby mods to wet the appetite and teach the player.

b) its a run fest - all the best experiences I've ever had with MMO's are about slow progress thought the instances where team play is required - this is an instance game - why is this game so easy. More variety with levels required and increased difficulty. Shouldn't I fear the next enemy rather than run past it? Multiply the difficult by 3. Currently, I'd rather run alone for the loot - I get annoyed when someone else joins as it means I have to run faster.

c) the inventory section is broken - I've clocked up many hours and never used it once - even with your daily gifts (and keep the gifts - just make them useful - love the gift idea). By design the game play is intense and holds your concentration. I will never EVER click a different section of the screen to up my ammo. You need to change the buffs. Most MMO's opt for a team +5 to damage buff - this would work better for sure. It would be ***necessary*** to get harder bosses (when you MAKE them) and it will make individuals feel needed by the team.

d) I love my head shots - why don't I know when I've landed a head shot - slightly different sound shouldn't be to hard?

e) No weapon is better than any other - they are all equally balanced. So I have now got my perfect setup (I spent money and I built). Why should I keep playing? The game play does not change????? I like this game - but what am I striving for - it has no goal?

And yet I play it every night - it's the first game I have experienced that has a wonderful blend of twitchy and MMO.

It's not there yet - but please keep improving. I want my friends to play it also. They give up after 1-2 hours.

Kind regards,

Owen

Same here, I came from me3mp with a few friends and they are all mostly gone now. This is beta, and the type of beta they opted for means it will be a long one. I am hoping one day the devs post a general map of where they are trying to get to before release, so we can at least have some idea about how long it is going to take.

I am by no means suggesting they rush anything, just that they give us some idea about what they are planning to include before they release.