Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback After Burnout But Still Like The Game

Ashgan9

ok after putting in 270 hours into the game I've done what i always regret doing and that is burning out on the game, the gameplay is still fun and I'll more then likely come back to check up on things, but with that said I finally decided to put some feedback on the forum.

This is general feedback on the game some of it will be a no brainer its a beta and will be fixed/changed other things maybe not so much.

First thing that needs a major rework is the amount of CC especially if you get unlucky in the spawn department,  I just played a mission and quit in disgust as I was repeat teleported around by the Grineer Commanders (3 of them to be exact and 2 gunners for extra knockdown... all solo) and the AI hostage (which has really stupid AI but that is another topic) just ran around getting blasted while I couldn't do anything...

Edit: there is other mechanics that are hardly utilized or done with warframe, mobile buff units do exist but are rare as opposed to CC capable units (I think shield drones for Corpus and Healer ancients... which I'm hesitating to put here as they also do CC -_-  )

Stealth is definately in need of more work

1) I could be wrong but I think crouching does not get applied to sentinels meaning you get spotted easier by the enemy if you run one.  (seemed to stay true tho when I de equipped it and crouching was much better, but I got no solid proof)

2) to give you time to counter for the ship wide alert the enemy could use a 2-5 sec timer or something to activate the alarm giving you a chance to stop them (it could be argued that you already have a chance when they are running for it, this is just my opinion especially since sometimes its one guys clear across the room right next to a console)

Leading into my point later with bonus missions in missions a way to disable the alarm with a mini mission would be nice too.

Missions need more variety in them.

1) little side bonus missions within the missions wouldn't be bad (and I don't mean the kill x with y weapon, and definately not one mission into another) I'm talking about taking out the Greneer or Corpus Captain of the ship messing with the troops (and I don't mean assassination targets either they might be of bigger stock but not a boss fight)

Also by side missions I'm talking about ones that do not need to be completed to finish.

2) Assassinations that are not boss related, which could employ stealth mechanics by giving you a timer till the target leaves the ship/planet if you get detected the timer goes down faster as the target rushes to leave the ship. (by timer I mean the target is actually walking towards a destination... so maybe not a timer but a distance meter or somethin)

2.5) actualy more stealth oriented objectives in general wouldn't be so bad.

3) Ice I know I've posted this around but just in general other then CC is a giant pet peeve of mine in game since some frames are designed around shields and since shields have no damage mitigation like HP (I'm well aware as to why but regardless) cutting the shields in half is crippling to some frames and compared to the other dangers like the fire (which are a joke btw) is just like a big WTF

I'm all for in map dangers and heck I encourage there to be more things to dodge/mess around with other then AI mobs but a map blanket mega shield hit is not fun in the least.

Melee is fun but feels lacking I think its partly due to the game having a half half focus on gunplay as well as melee.  I would highly encourage the devs to look into other more melee based games for inspiration (one of the most fun to watch anyways melee systems I have ever played is the Batman games the combat is so fluid I actually enjoy watching it, with that said tho I would not port that melee system to Warframe however some of the manuvers you can do in that game might benefit you for starters a sidearm (pistol) that is not really for damage but to enhance melee play like the grapple gun pull an enemy to you while tripping them or something.

Actualy with that said designing both a rifle and pistol for melee play might go nicely to enhance melee for those who want to play strictly in that role. (had the idea of an AoE cone knockback  rifle but that would kinda tread on Banshee a bit, but I'm sure something could be thought up, I mean if you can make the Glave which is a ranged hybrid melee then same could be done for rifles/pistols)

Also with tripping the jump kick is nice but other melee moves wouldn't hurt like a sweep kick, as well as some possibly specialty moves off walls.

There needs to be more to differentiate the different melee weapons other then stats like how they are wielded for example all the melee weapons have the same exact jump drop attack which does roughly the same thing with the same visuals.  (mods which can only be equipped by a particular type of melee weapon subtype heavy, dual wield, etc)

Mods all I'm going to say here is the game needs more.... like loads more ( I know it would be a pain to balance... but) right now the variety is not really there... and by that I mean there is hardly any choice of one mod over another. 

Some mods need a lil more sprucing up in my opinion like Thieves Wit ( possibly giving it the ability to open red lockers at mastery rank or something else that is more useful beyond just seeing breakable crates) Also as a sidenote I would add the ability to see Mods for Thiefs Wit as mods are probably the number one looked for item.

sidenote for Mods they still need to be balanced better, right now I would say Ice is by far the most usefull Mod as it gives too much benefit with the slow (and I can't remember if it also deals bonus shield damage... ice with ice maps and I think I read that somewhere but not sure right now but still too much utility + dmg)

I know this has been mentioned by others but the movement system could definately use tweaks,  random rolling when trying to jump or random jumping melee attacks when not even pressing the jump key is all kinds of messed up right now.  Being unable to jump while right next to a wall is also a problem that should be looked at as it happens fairly often.

Lastly the map system needs a rework its a royal pain in the &#! to navigate I would just allow traveling to the solar system and create a button to exit the team.

That is all I could think of off the top of my head, thank you devs for the fun game and keep up the good work and take this with a grain of salt it is after all just feedback/opinions. 

Also for those who can't make heads or tails of this sorry I'm a lil off right now... only got 3 hours of sleep and then couldn't fall asleep again.

Edited by Ashgan9