Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Mod Store

Morgo

Since sometimes RNG are kind of unforgiving, and the increase on credits rewards allow this, why not have a Mod store?

The general idea would be 10k for common, 25k for uncommon and 50-100k the rare. The list of mods avalible for each player will differ depending on his mastery level.

About the rare, 50k for the less rare, and skills, and going higher in cost with damage % mods, multishoot and other like flow.

That whay, ppl will have a credit sink. Also there would be a way to recover accidentaly sold abilties. And overall, if your sacrifices in time to the RNG haven't been heard, you will have a way to put on use those credits.

What's your opinion guys? 

Double your prices and I would totally get behind this.

200,000 K for flow or split chamber still keep their "Ultra Awesome"/valuable status.  100,000 K kind of makes it easier to just save your credits.

But I do like the idea.

I'm ok with this, maybe make it like the platinum mod packs in the store that have random mods in them except cost credits. This could create a massive credit sink without ruining the RNG aspect of the game.

There are already mods packs, adding such thing would ruin half of the game, because most of time.. people search mods and mats

Remember that mods like flow or split chamber will be restricted to a certain mastery lvl (for those i'm thinking flow 5 and split chamber 7). If you have managed to get that level and still didn't find any of those, i feel kind of harsh to put them at 200k (because you mean that Hezekiah, right? The numbers you wrote where 200 millions credits XD).

So there would be 2 buyers for those kind of mods. People that want to put independant mods on each weapon, or ppl that had really bad luck.

I'm ok with this, maybe make it like the platinum mod packs in the store that have random mods in them except cost credits. This could create a massive credit sink without ruining the RNG aspect of the game.

Yep, that could also work. Same formula but random mod on each package.

The RNG Overlords can be a merciless bunch, so, if the price is high enough to leave it balanced, I think it'd be a very welcome change to Warframe. In my 77 hours of playing, for instance, I haven't seen a single Continuity, Split Chamber or Barrel Diffusion, which makes me all sorts of sad.

Edited by SilentCynic

We can already buy mods with platin (a pack of random mods of defined rarity). So I believe this is a financial question.

yes and those are just as bad as drops, the problem is the inability to get lucky with the 30+ rares and 20+ uncommons clogging up the drop tables

yes and those are just as bad as drops, the problem is the inability to get lucky with the 30+ rares and 20+ uncommons clogging up the drop tables

Yeah, and buying mods using platin from the market is a bother to me, because just about every single mod I've gotten from one of those packs have been mods I don't use, IE abilities for warframes I don't have, shotgun mods, which I don't use, or mods for sentinels that I don't use. And I very rarely get anything I actually use, and most of the useable mods I get are low level mods I'm not looking for, or have a ton of.

I wouldn't mind seeing a market place just for mods, and have certain mods be harder to buy than others.

Also if they replaced packs with "Mod credits" where you can freely spend 5 mod credits in the mod market, based on the rarity of the mod, but only if they let you pay with in game credits as well.

Edited by Weird_Stealth

Yeah, and buying mods using platin from the market is a bother to me, because just about every single mod I've gotten from one of those packs have been mods I don't use, IE abilities for warframes I don't have, shotgun mods, which I don't use, or mods for sentinels that I don't use. And I very rarely get anything I actually use, and most of the useable mods I get are low level mods I'm not looking for, or have a ton of.

I wouldn't mind seeing a market place just for mods, and have certain mods be harder to buy than others.

Also if they replaced packs with "Mod credits" where you can freely spend 5 mod credits in the mod market, based on the rarity of the mod, but only if they let you pay with in game credits as well.

I see your point.

But don't you think that a mod marked would reduce the gameplay elements and make the game less interesting? Rright now, people farm credits in one kind of missions and mods on another kind of missions. When a mod marked is opening, players would have no reason to play e.g. Endless Defense missions because they can get all the mods of their desire with credits / mod credits from the store. And they only have to focus on getting credits / mod credits.

Also, just buying the mods you need simly reduces the amount of time you need to spent in order to get stronger. The game would turn boring too soon.

But my point was that a mod marked that sells mods of your desire for credits reduces the likelihood that player that actually support the game with real money by buying mod pack from the store with platin. This again has an impact on the financial condition of the developers. And this again will mean that the game is not getting supported as good as it could be if its financial condition was better.

For me this topic is a no brainer tbh. I see no way this is going to happen.

I support the game, and never, NEVER have crossed in my mind to expend a single platinum bar on randam mod packs. Too expensive for a random reward that you can get in game. If they offered specific mods for platinum, that would be a different story.

But overall, my suggestion was not for the actual state of the game, since now the grinding factor is the only end factor of this game. Im suggesting it for a future. Maybe we are not so willingly to spend credits in mods with the future clan dojo sink around on the next update, and who knows what DE have in mind for the update 9. 

Bottom line, there should be a way to buy a desired mod, via platinum or cash, and since I find a credit sink always make more valuable the credits itself, it makes you feel even more satisfying to get 10k in an alert that it does right now. 

In my case, I'm rank 6 already, and buying warframes and weapons that I don't really want, only to put on use credits, for getting more mastery rank. 

So far there are only 3 money sinks on game: Fusion, buying weapons and warframes, and the 100k sentinels. IMO there should be more. Dojo coming next, but as the sentinel, when you have already done that, you lose a sink.

Hell, I will even recommend a resource market, since for now the credits for me, at least, are not worth enough. And the solution  it's not reducing the credits rewards, is putting expensive ways to use those credtis. 

Edited by Morgo

I'm ok with this but keeping the rares out of it. That'll keep them rare, but having the ability to buy common and uncommon mods is a nice idea. *Thinks about the 1000+ Serration mods I need to max it*

rare mods absolutely should be sold, but at a price that would make  buying more than a few out of desperation crazy.50-60k possibly or $.50-.75 in plat(since this is a f2p game)