Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Some Random Toughts From A Newbie

Naucano

Been playing for a week now. I just have this one question

Is the evolution of this game going in the direction of the gamer(s) coming home after work, firing up a machine and just hopping into a Tenno and start slashing Grineer ? Or will this gamer need to make elaborate databases, read tutorials/forums/texts or whatever is necesarry, mastering  do and don’ts before he can even be acknowledge as a  player ?

Issues ? I can only think of these mild ones:

I would rather have my Tenno stay or go back to crouched after doing gymnastical elaborate moves such as jumping ;)

Did anyone ask for a toggle on the shooting zoom factor  ? Holding my right mouse up and down is killing my finger ...

And it seems I sometimes hit walls and nice grineer furniture in front of the Tenno even if the end of its weapon is free. If it is not the weapon, then I think my Tenno needs glasses ... or else I need glasses, ... or both of us ;)

While there is some work to be done still, Warframe as definitely earned its Beta status.

Edited by Naucano

Well you can read about stuff during lunch when you're at work, and then when you get back home you can hop back to being a Tenno.

And there were some people who have mentioned toggle aim, but I personally don't need to aim for so long because I find that I need to stay mobile, and only aim-and-shoot in short periods. Staying in one place has gotten me killed so many times...

I'm curious as to what games you've played that you've needed to make elaborate databases.

Let me just note EVE ... Perpetuum Online ... they are exuberantly huge in terms of playground, features, items, ...

But every MMO has some twists and turns which sometimes put players "against eachother" just by the share amount of things.Things you have/should/choose to consider to make your avatar evoluate into something meaningfull.

There is a lot of information not displayed in game you have to find in the wiki (lots of combat maneouvers not taught by the tutorial, weapon charge damage, weapon special features, weapon critical chance and damage, weapon charge speed, weapon relaod speed, blue print materials required before purchase), and a few tooltips that can be misleading (increased critical chance) and some that are flat out wrong (sentinel regen).

Hopefully this kind of thing will get better, but for the most part, it's possible to just play and enjoy without overly optimising.

Edited by 0shi