Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'(Ammo) Scavenger' Artifacts Either Not Working Or Way Too Weak

Qb3rt

So I've only gotten 4 artifacts so far .... and as my luck would have it these are the 4 artifacts I got:

Shotgun Scavenger

Rifle Scavenger

Pistol Scavenger

Sniper Scavenger

For a while I was just happy to finally have one and even convinced myself they were extremely valuable ... that was before spending the last 20-30 hours of gameplay using them and not noticing any difference in ammo drops whatsoever.

The experience that really made me question whether these things even work or not was the last 4 or 5 defense missions using a Braton Rifle alternating with Dual Akbolto Pistols. I was using a +25% max ammo Rifle mod and a +60% max ammo Pistol mod, and activated the Rifle Scavenger artifact. I also made a conscious effort to minimize any Rifle spray, resorting to even more burst-firing than usual to conserve ammo. On top of that I made a point of always keeping an eye out for Rifle ammo to the point that I gained a 6th sense to spot rifle ammo boxes anytime I was playing, then going out of my way to pick them up.

Using all this prep I then farmed defense missions alternating each wave Rifle/Pistols.

Despite all that effort, I ran out of Rifle ammo every single defense mission by at least the end of the 10th wave, often much earlier around wave 5-6. and usually had to end up skipping a 'rifle' wave to stick with my pistols.... which never ran out of ammo.

Slotting an artifact should at least be noticeable... yet using ammo artifacts while modding, conserving ammo, and hawking ammo boxes STILL has me resorting to pistols almost as a primary. This is stupid. These artifacts are specified to weapon type, they are incredibly situational, they need to be significant & noticeable. It's gotten to the point that I'm hoping the ammo artifacts are broken, because if this is the intended drop rate increase I'd be more disappointed than if they were bugged altogether.

What you are describing is not really a problem with the scavenger artifacts, it's how wildly weapons differ in ammo conservation and artifacts are just not strong enough to offset this.

no matter how ammo conserving i play, no matter how many ammo i pick up and no matter how good i aim for weakspots.

my dual vipers run out of ammo EVERY damn mission. my braton (bought one since im kinda pissed of by the gorgon) runs out of ammo too.

no matter how ammo conserving i play, no matter how many ammo i pick up and no matter how good i aim for weakspots.

my dual vipers run out of ammo EVERY damn mission. my braton (bought one since im kinda &!$$ed of by the gorgon) runs out of ammo too.

my dual vipers run out of ammo EVERY damn mission. my braton (bought one since im kinda &!$$ed of by the gorgon) runs out of ammo too.

Some weapons are not good at ammo efficency...

Try using a Latron and running out of ammo.

Good luck.