Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beam Sword?

Thingofmyth

First of all I apologize for the horrid concept art. I only spent a few min in illustrator to make them. 

So a beam sword you say? you mean like a lightsaber? no... well similar.

Basically its a small rectangular box 

Razor-closed_zps65ec9006.jpg

but the end comes off as a receiver

Razor-open_zpsdb7e655f.jpg

and the beam connects the two

Razor-on_zpsa7018780.jpg

I think this would add a cool delay and bend effect to the swing fitting in with the sleeker art of warframe.

Razor-bent_zps35605b9a.jpg

(Gawd this is terrible concept art tho!)

Please try to see what I am going for. I know these look pretty bad but it would look awesome as a finished product!

The concept is really cool (except for the bending part) and could be a faster/longer plasma sword. I think the animation for it "activating" could be interesting. Good thinking Thingofmyth!

Edited by Jumba255

Wait. So does the receiver like... just shoot out from the handle or would you have to take it off with your hands...?

--

btw. The little swaying effect you're describing makes me think of Saint's Row... kinda...

Slightly explicit image:

50Q0WNK.png

Excuse the poor editing.

Edited by Tauxi

Wait. So does the receiver like... just shoot out from the handle or would you have to take it off with your hands...?

--

btw. The little swaying effect you're describing makes me think of Saint's Row... kinda...

Slightly explicit image:

50Q0WNK.png

Excuse the poor editing.

Basically but minus the penis shape. so like the plasma sword but the receiver just floats in the air so it has a few milaseconds delay and there isn't anything physical connecting the receiver to the handle

--

Slightly explicit image:

50Q0WNK.png

Excuse the poor editing.

o god i cant take this thread serius anymore...

Ok I was thinking this was a neat idea, but then you showed it have a 'delay' in the swing. 

Ever play saints row 3? First thing I thought of was the penitrator.

look above. joke has been made. the delay was just a suggestion so it doesn't look so stiff ;D