The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapon Suggestion : Chakram

ASH_PRIME

Slightly higher normal damage, lower charge damage, slower charge speed. Anything to make it be 'generic'. ANYTHING. JUST LET ME HAVE A WHOOSHY SPINNING DISK OF DEATH

Seriously though, it'd be awesome to see how they would expand the Glaive weapon type with more variations.

So pretty much a variation of the glaive that isn't as cool (Dark sector reference and stuff) as the original.

That isn't all that good of an idea in my opinion. It wouldn't solve the glaive question all that effectively and it would just be easier to put the glaive BP on market. I say this mostly because of the point of view of the two groups, the haters and the defenders:

-Hater: So now instead of getting the glaive (cool because of Dark sector), I get this "weaker" and "less cool" replacement that is pretty much baby's first glaive for those who didn't pay 10 bucks for it.

-Defender: So I spent 10 bucks for it and now everyone else gets basically the same thing for free because of a little bit of hate in the forums... That doesn't seem fair.

More than anything the method of obtaining the rare weapons should be worked on IMO, in order to make it "fair" and "not frustrating" for all the comunity, but still giving game supporters a reason to spend cash to speed up the process of obtaining them (even now the only thing spending cash does is speeding up the proces of getting things really).

Chakrams ought to have a specific curve when tossed and returns back if it hits an enemy or a wall. Instead of being a Glaive copy.

If they went as far as to make a whole new weapon with it's animations and meccanics they might as well do new stuff, as it would please more people and would be more stuff to expand on later. Especially considering there is so much potential here since they can pick any weapon in existance, stick a sci-fi look and a sci-fi description to it and call it a day.

In adition I would consider this post more of a "solve the glaive hate" than an "innovative weapon desing suggestion" argument. What was the starting idea (if i got that right) is a re-skin of the glaive with slightly different stats.