The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should All Weapons Share A Base Mod Pool, Or Should You Need To Mod Them Individually?

fortris

I'm curious to know what you all think, personally it doesn't make sense that you have to strip your weapon when switching to something else right now, but I can understand wanting to leave certain mods on certain guns. The problem arises where most people who aren't in endgame (and have hundreds of spare fully leveled mods) have to take the time to completely strip each weapon before they switch it, which is time consuming with no real purpose behind it since the mods can't be permanently attached anyway.

they are working on a profile system. i believe it will work to where changing profiles will take mods off one wep and put them on another. atleast that would make sense to me.

one way or another, you will have a profile system at some point.

I'm curious to know what you all think, personally it doesn't make sense that you have to strip your weapon when switching to something else right now, but I can understand wanting to leave certain mods on certain guns. The problem arises where most people who aren't in endgame (and have hundreds of spare fully leveled mods) have to take the time to completely strip each weapon before they switch it, which is time consuming with no real purpose behind it since the mods can't be permanently attached anyway.

I'd like the convenience of what you suggest but there are different classes of primary weapons (rifle, shotgun,etc.) also what happens when the weapons are at different levels?

If i had to do it (Warframe tends to out do me, but along my mode of thinking), i would make presets. Click on your Latron, and you have 3 preset options to load with mods. Click the preset once theyre set to place the mods. Would take a minute to set up, and would allow you to choose a different gun and a preset of mods for it in the time it takes to move to the next mission. Would also allow you to experiment with multiple mod setups for your different guns much more easily. My guess is this is what we will end up with. 

To be honest, I'm not sure if the mod system in its current state is very future-proof. Since you can apply all mods to all weapons (of the respective type), it's very hard to balance them, because a mod that is fine on one weapon can be OP on another. Then you have to nerf the mod, and this also makes it worse for all other weapons, on which it would have been fine.

I think mods' effects should be weapon specific. A serration mod might add more damage on a Grakata than on a Boltor. How much would be added would still be shown on the mod card when it's installed, but it could be different for each weapon the mod is applied.

This would make mod and weapon balance much easier, because you could target specific weapon/mod combinations instead of having to nerf it globally, and by doing so, maybe nerf combinations that didn't really need it.

well, i think if they dont make this, the game would be longer, ppl would focus on upgrading mods for every weapons & frames, depending on what they want, but if they put an profile system thing, that swaps mods from a weapon to another, it would have a very short endgame, so, its kinda hard to choose i belive . . .